Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Spybot Anti-Beacon for Windows 10

Do you have other security software that is interfering with it's function? It seems that is the cause of a lot of peoples problems.

I would try running it without other security software that may be interfering. Then I would try running it as administrator, right click the exe and select "run as administrator". Finally, if that did not work I would try running it in safe mode.

Good Luck

Default Windows 7 SP 1

Can i use Anti-Beacon together with Windows 7 SP 1 ?

Yes, it works great in Windows 7 SP1. I recommend the portable version. There is no need to install as all it really does is completely turn off CEIP (customer experience improvement program) and related scheduled tasks, turn off telemetry group policy, and add MS telemetry urls to the hosts file. Optionally it will also turn off remote registry, and Office telemetry functions / scheduled tasks.

It's a great little tool to reduce MS snooping. On Windows 7 I use it in addition to GWX Control panel, which is a handy tool to prevent unwanted forced windows 10 upgrades.
    http://blog.ultimateoutsider.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoSg3fSB7PA

Not all spying is gone with Spybot Anti-Beacon. MS still connects to the servers every few minutes. This needs to be fixed asap.
    W10 automatically connects not only MS but also to Amazon, Comodo, Audodesk, EdgeCast, Highwinds Network, Cloudflare, etc. WTF.
    Install Peerblock and see all the connections happening live without you doing anything, no such suspicious shit on Win XP.
    So either someone should revamp Win XP 64-bit so it can work on new machines or we all migrate to Linux Zorin, Mint or Ubuntu.

Hello dark9,

Quote Originally Posted by dark9 View Post
    So either someone should revamp Win XP 64-bit so it can work on new machines or we all migrate to Linux Zorin, Mint or Ubuntu.
    Microsoft: Infection rates and end of support for Windows XP

Windows XP - The Elephant In The Room
    (Note: This thread updated in May 2016)

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

I know MS has terminated support of Win XP, i meant someone other than MS making a fan-made version Win Xp with everything rebuilt but nevermind.

Migrating to Linux is the best option, just requires one to learn basics on how to use Terminal and you are pretty much set to use Linux as your main OS.
    Last edited by dark9; 2016-05-24 at 18:40.

Default MSNBOT TCPIP link

On my Win 10 installation, TCPVIEW shows an https connection to msnbot-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx.search.msn.com

This socket cannot be closed and if you disconnect and re-connect the LAN it comes back a few seconds later.

Should Spybot Anti-Beacon stop this, but if not how do you stop it setting up?

Default Stopping connections to MSNBOT addresses

Quote Originally Posted by dqj999 View Post
    On my Win 10 installation, TCPVIEW shows an https connection to msnbot-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx.search.msn.com

This socket cannot be closed and if you disconnect and re-connect the LAN it comes back a few seconds later.

Should Spybot Anti-Beacon stop this, but if not how do you stop it setting up?
    For your info:

I've now stopped these connections by adding a custom firewall rule in Windows Firewall. It drops any attempted connection to any of the msnbot addresses.

Smile This program saved my internet connection

Recently Windows 10 has been using practically ALL of my bandwidth for something. I originally thought i had malware so i used a few programs to check for viruses, malware, etc. but it was the OS using all of my bandwidth. this program brought host process for windows services down to 30KB from 20MB (according to glasswire).

I have donated because of this and plan to donate some more next week.

(I wasn't really sure where to post this so sorry if its in the wrong place :p)

Default Definitely not playing well with some anti viruses

Guys the extreme CPU usage is to do with it not playing well with some Anti viruses. I recently noticed my CPU sitting at 45% while doing nothing at all just after i installed Webroot anti virus.

Uninstalled it and back to using win defender, (which ain't a bad package teamed up with MalwareBytes) and CPU is back to 1 to 4 % while at idle. so thats defiantly the problem.

Ive explained to Webroot the problem, but i guess its Spyware Anti-Beacon, but its such a good program i wasn't willing to uninstall that (f(*&(ing Microsoft and there spyware.

Hope this helps a few people and clears a few things up but that was my experience.
    Dan
    Last edited by dgreen2298; 2016-06-05 at 01:53.