Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Spybot Anti-Beacon for Windows 10

Question Does Spybot Anti-Beacon do any changes on the System Configuration?

Hello,
    I am new here and hope at the right spot to ask something. I just was looking at my System configuration and noticed that my startup selection is selective startup and not normal startup. Now, has it to do with Spybot? If yes, ok and if not i will select my normal startup again. not that i have any problems with my pc but i wonder if the protection spybot did has something to do. Running a win10, Ram 8gb, i3-3220 @ 3.3GHz. Dont know if its needed.
    Thanks in advanced and a great software
    Alberto

Default SB Anti-beacon options page scroll-bar fails. Also, download 1.5.0.35 reverts to 1.5

SB Anti-beacon options page scroll-bar fails. Also, download 1.5.0.35 reverts to 1.5
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is this project properly alive?

I installed SB A-B recently (23rd Nov), download SpybotAntiBeacon was version 1.5, when installed it calls itself version 1.5

Bug:
    On the second 'page', "options", the scroll-bar is disconnected from the content.
    I've reinstalled the same download to check it wasn't compromised, same problem.spybo anti-bea scrollbah Capture.PNG

Checked here. (The UI should really have 'about' links, but I googled it)

I see that v1.5.0.35 is offered, but when I go to download it (from https://forums.spybot.info/downloads.php?id=58 ), the download called SDAnti-Beacon-1.5.exe (unchanged to ..35)

Standalone has the same fault here, scrollbar disconnect on 'options' page.

Returned to https://www.safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/
    I thought I'd try the installed version (though I'd rather not), offered as v1.15.0.35
    (at https://forums.spybot.info/downloads.php?id=55 )
    again the actual dl is v1.5, not 1.5.0.35

"This will install SpyBot Anti-Beacon version 1.5 on your computer" (Not 1.5.0.35), it says.

Was about to go ahead anyway.
    Then checked and saw that the actual download page isn't SSL secured (!)
    download.spybot.info/AntiBeacon/StandAlone/SDAntiBeacon-1.5.exe#hash(md5:F7111C90C6C3FCF014DC7D0FC78CDF64)
    (Checked the SSL status with firefox calomel.org addon)

Decided not to go ahead for now.
    If the download server is compromised, ... well, you work it out, I shouldn't be explicit here should I?
    I see the hash is supplied by a page which is SSL protected, so it should be okay (if I trust the installer to check the hash properly, not just to skip validation).

Somehow I feel you should fix that.

As for the UI itself (the v1.5 I have), it doesn't have a date anywhere. It does say version 1.5 though.
    I wasn't told there was a (phantom?) update. Auto update would be nice.

There's no "about" page referencing your good selves, nor your forum here. But I found it anyway, no sweat.

Could you please fix whatever needs fixing?

1) if there is a version 1.5.0.35, perhaps the download should send that and not 1.5
    2) the download should, please, be properly SSL secured (see calomel.org)
    2a) and the hash should be checked; may I presume it is? We aren't told. I hope it is.
    3) BUGG: The scroll on the "options" page is disconnected, please fix.
    4) please check that phone-home protection is up-to-date with latest win10, and let us know in the UI that SB-AB is up to date as at whatever date
    5) Did I miss the reminder about the (phantom) update? No sign of it in the UI. (Please, something.)
    6) An "about" page with links to origin web-page & forum, that would be nice, and fairly standard.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Methuzla View Post
    SB Anti-beacon options page scroll-bar fails. Also, download 1.5.0.35 reverts to 1.5
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is this project properly alive?

I installed SB A-B recently (23rd Nov), download SpybotAntiBeacon was version 1.5, when installed it calls itself version 1.5

Bug:
    On the second 'page', "options", the scroll-bar is disconnected from the content.
    I've reinstalled the same download to check it wasn't compromised, same problem.spybo anti-bea scrollbah Capture.PNG

Checked here. (The UI should really have 'about' links, but I googled it)

I see that v1.5.0.35 is offered, but when I go to download it (from https://forums.spybot.info/downloads.php?id=58 ), the download called SDAnti-Beacon-1.5.exe (unchanged to ..35)

Standalone has the same fault here, scrollbar disconnect on 'options' page.

Returned to https://www.safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/
    I thought I'd try the installed version (though I'd rather not), offered as v1.15.0.35
    (at https://forums.spybot.info/downloads.php?id=55 )
    again the actual dl is v1.5, not 1.5.0.35

"This will install SpyBot Anti-Beacon version 1.5 on your computer" (Not 1.5.0.35), it says.

Was about to go ahead anyway.
    Then checked and saw that the actual download page isn't SSL secured (!)
    download.spybot.info/AntiBeacon/StandAlone/SDAntiBeacon-1.5.exe#hash(md5:F7111C90C6C3FCF014DC7D0FC78CDF64)
    (Checked the SSL status with firefox calomel.org addon)

Decided not to go ahead for now.
    If the download server is compromised, ... well, you work it out, I shouldn't be explicit here should I?
    I see the hash is supplied by a page which is SSL protected, so it should be okay (if I trust the installer to check the hash properly, not just to skip validation).

Somehow I feel you should fix that.

As for the UI itself (the v1.5 I have), it doesn't have a date anywhere. It does say version 1.5 though.
    I wasn't told there was a (phantom?) update. Auto update would be nice.

There's no "about" page referencing your good selves, nor your forum here. But I found it anyway, no sweat.

Could you please fix whatever needs fixing?

1) if there is a version 1.5.0.35, perhaps the download should send that and not 1.5
    2) the download should, please, be properly SSL secured (see calomel.org)
    2a) and the hash should be checked; may I presume it is? We aren't told. I hope it is.
    3) BUGG: The scroll on the "options" page is disconnected, please fix.
    4) please check that phone-home protection is up-to-date with latest win10, and let us know in the UI that SB-AB is up to date as at whatever date
    5) Did I miss the reminder about the (phantom) update? No sign of it in the UI. (Please, something.)
    6) An "about" page with links to origin web-page & forum, that would be nice, and fairly standard.

Thanks

The product version is indeed 1.5, but the file version is 1.5.0.35. If you really must confirm which version you have, right-click on the executable and click on "Properties", then click on the "Details" tab of the window that pops up (at the very least, that's how I confirmed it when using the stand-alone version).

Default Localization..

Hi, I don't know if this had been addressed already in a previous post, but here goes nothing:

Localization is good and neat, but it should be up to the user to decide in which language the program is displayed in, or at least keep it to the OS setting.
    In my case, I maybe living in Germany but prefer my language setting, including the OS, to be in English (US English to be exact).
    The installer even asks what language, but the program then decides for me how and what language is to be used, and that only partially (btw. the easy fix was to rename the content of the "locale" folder).

There is also a display problem, see the attached picture...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default An Optional not working

I downloaded and installed Anti-Beacon 1.5.0.35. I implemented the optional items but the Office 16 (2016) Telemetry Scheduled Tasks won't implement. I click on the Apply button but nothing happens. The button appears to be unresponsive. All the other optionals have implemented. I have Office 16 installed.

so what you're trying to imply is that it is useless or what?

https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...-1-6-Available

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    Spybot Anti-Beacon version 1.6 has just been released. Download Now This latest version of Anti-Beacon blocks additional categories of telemetry options in Microsoft that were not detected in earlier versions. Updates: Additional Telemetry Categories Additional Blocked Hosts: ca.telemetry.microsoft.com cache.datamart.windows.com spynet2.microsoft.com … Continue reading →
    The post Anti-Beacon 1.6 Available appeared first on Spybot Anti-malware and Antivirus.

More...
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default spybot anti-beacon is not modifying the hosts file in win 10

Hi there,

Sorry for my bad englisch. Version 1.6 is not modifying my hosts file in windows 10 pro. So there is a connect to MS. I use the program as admin. Disabled a firewall and AV without results. Anyone a suggestion?.

Default Re: spybot anti-beacon is not modifying the hosts file in win 10

berhav

Hi there,

Sorry for my bad englisch. Version 1.6 is not modifying my hosts file in windows 10 pro. So there is a connect to MS. I use the program as admin. Disabled a firewall and AV without results. Anyone a suggestion?.
    Many AV-Programs are locking the hosts-file. They do not necessarily remove the lock, when they are disabled.

Default Spybot telemetry 1.6 doesn't blocked

Let me point out a bug in version 1.6

practically in the protection section the last option — that of schedules task of CEIP
    don't get stuck and whenever I start the program it tells me to apply it
    While the other sees them correctly

same with optional section with office 2013 and 2016 task schedules

I hope they fixed the problem

thank you in advance

with the 1.5 everything works perfectly