Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Spybot Anti-Beacon for Windows 10

Default A simple question...

Do I need to keep the program open in order to maintain protection? Or is it a click-and-forget sort of thing?

If the former is true, is there a way to minimize it to the tray?

Quote Originally Posted by NudeBuddha View Post
    Do I need to keep the program open in order to maintain protection? Or is it a click-and-forget sort of thing?

If the former is true, is there a way to minimize it to the tray?
    This is my very question. This is why I came here. Will the program protect me after I hit the "close" button?

Hopefully someone will answer?
    Last edited by petbot; 2016-01-20 at 15:03.

Hello,

"Simply clicking “Immunize” on the main screen of Anti-Beacon will immediately disable any known tracking features included by Microsoft in the operating system."

https://www.safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

I can run anti beacon with no errors but search in menu stops working.
    You can type and words do come o screen but you can't find anything (searching for installed programs)

snip_20160125074800.jpg

Is this thread for SP-AB Win10 ONLY or for all versions? (Didn't find other main threads, should I create one for 7?)

How can I turn off the "re-immunize on startup" option? I have uninstalled the program and it still wants to do it and I have hosts file locked via. antivirus, so it shows an error on every startup. I want to keep using the program, but reinstalling without ticking the "startup" option and even uninstalling the program doesn't help me.

Windows 7 x64.

If it's uninstalled it can't modify anything, that's the nature of uninstall
    Look in your startup for further info (msconfig)

yeah, that's what I thought, but the hosts file change error is still appearing... nor does spybot appear in startup, I've checked... (IMHO it never was there)

Quote Originally Posted by allue View Post
    yeah, that's what I thought, but the hosts file change error is still appearing... nor does spybot appear in startup, I've checked... (IMHO it never was there)
    Then something else is modifying host file.
    Try Sysinternal Autorun and see what is starting https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...rnals/bb963902

Just tried playing with settings and found out that something here when active is blocking search in menu.
    Under protection (first tab) everything is checked.
    Any toughs ?

Untitled.jpg
    Last edited by Vepar; 2016-01-26 at 09:03.

Default won't go away

Quote Originally Posted by allue View Post
    I installed the 1.5 version. Since the host file is locked, it hangs on that. Should get fixed. Then using 50% of CPU always, I uninstalled it. But it's like from hell! Won't go away. Always comes back. Finally deleted the whole folder in safe mode. But now have scvhost using 50% of cpu. I didn't have this before I installed this program.

So, I would like a cleaner program to get rid of all the things left over that are wrecking my system.