Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Spybot Anti-Beacon for Windows 10

Default Over heating - using most of my cpu

hi all,
    just signed up and looking for some advice/answers... please

lately my laptop has been over heating sitting at about 66-70c (150f) , and couldn't figure out why , until i look in the task manager and noticed that anti sypbot beacon was using loads of my cpu @about 70%
    now this could be related or not ,
    but my laptop was over heating , so i un-installed anti spybot beacon and noticed straight away the temp drop down to about 38c (100f)
    i cleaned out all of files using ccleaner after uninstalling it , re-installed it again and it seemed to cure the over heating problem ,

but i had an update for windows 10 yesterday and now (12 hours later) anti spybot beacon is again using a lot of my cpu @30% and it's over heating again ,

this isn't just happing on my laptop it's also doing the same thing on my HTPC ( using loads of cpu and high temps )
    but the strange thing is it's not on my gaming PC ,
    high temps.jpg

both PC's, gaming and htpc as well as the laptop are all running windows 10 .

does any one have any ideas on what could be happing with spybot beacon
    Thank you
    Last edited by sykotik; 2016-06-16 at 12:10.

Default Skype and Spybot Anto-Beacon

So I have been having a few problems with Skype after installing and executing Spybot Anti-Beacon. I blocked all connections in both tabs thinking that it would be a great idea.

It turns out that Skype requires a running and updated version on Internet Explorer to function properly (like sending pictures and videos through chat). It also turns out that Bing is part of internet explorer and that it requires a certain amount of both to function properly on Windows 10.
    I blatantly disabled Bing in the Optional tab as i didn't think i had any use for it... turns out i do if i want to use Skype.

Anyways - point being is that if you are having troubles accessing Skype Home or cant send pictures or videos though chat, check Anti-Beacon to see if you blocked Bing.

Thast is all

Talking Telemetry

Hey Guys,

Thanks for creating this tool for us to use, really appreciate it .

There is one thing that i have noticed that is wrong with it though, it is unable to block the telemetry.

Your process of blocking it was probably blocked in a windows update, i know this becuase when i go into safe mode it is able to block it, however, in regular windows, it goes to a not responding state.

I have gone through all of the other blocking features and they work great with no problems, telemetry is the only one that windows blocks from working.

Thanks,
    Jeremy

Windows 10 updated today, and as per usual I checked SAB.
    Apparently bing ip's cannot be blocked anymore. I've clicked the button some 20 times without anything happening.

Silly Microsoft :(

bing.jpg

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by dave88 View Post
    Do you have other security software that is interfering with it's function? It seems that is the cause of a lot of peoples problems.

I would try running it without other security software that may be interfering. Then I would try running it as administrator, right click the exe and select "run as administrator". Finally, if that did not work I would try running it in safe mode.

Good Luck
    I run "TinyWall" over and above the Windows Defender, to make immunization complete I had to UNcheck "Prevent modifications to hosts file" , run immunize in both S&D and Anti-Beacon, then REcheck that box in
    TinyWall AFTER full immunization. Your Firewall may have a different designation.
    Last edited by Lone Browncoat; 2016-07-17 at 11:00. Reason: correctiong a point.
    XP SP3 nLited (HTPCs), Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 workstation, Linux user various distros.

Default app crashes

All settings except telemetry extensive hosts worked, but when I try to apply changes app crashes

Default Do I have to leave the program minimized or can I close it?

Hey guys,

Just a quick question, do I have to leave Spybot anti-beacon minimized or can I close it while still having the immunizations running?

Exclamation Help with Skype

Hi,
    I did download and exec spybot anti-beacon for win 10 yesterday, and I did notice Skype & Video app (attached screenshot) doesnt work since.

This isnt the skype Desktop app, its the skype Video app integrated in Windows 10. I prefer using this as its completely integrated in the system, and its sufficient for my uses of skype calling.

Is there a method of unblocking this and this alone. ? Kindly help me with it.

I did check the Hosts file in .. drivers/etc/hosts , but has no mention of skype in that. So something else is blocking it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Wudu

Does this disable WUDU - the thing which users your bandwidth without your permission to help Microsoft download stuff to other people.

Default Windows 10 Anniversary Update has broken Anti-Beacon

After applying today's Anniversary update, Telemetry Hosts (under both the Protection and Optional tabs) are refusing to remain blocked. I completely uninstalled and then reinstalled the product but the problem remains. Any ideas?