Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Spybot Anti-Beacon for Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    I've updated the first post here.
    The download portal now has all stand-alone releases as well, and the link here points to there, so it'll always be up to date!
    Thank you.

Exclamation Possible Bug found

Issue causing accounts / imapp gmail / etc to not work with windows 10 apps so far attributed to the calendar and mail app if used with online email accounts in my case gmail
    Through a process of elimination, painstakingly applying one after another I found that the culprit breaking the calender and mail apps is one of the OneDrive blocks in the optional section,

It causes the apps to display error code: 0x800f081f when adding an account, and any currently active accounts are unaccessible.

I apologise if this was already known or if I havent read something, I was scratching my head trying to figure out what was happening then realised the only thing different applied on my machine from another was the blocks from this tool.

Thought it was worth noting in case anyone was faced with similar issues, or shed some light as to why the OneDrive blocks break these particular apps.

kind regards :p

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    I usually copy the pure .exe over as well, just didn't link it anywhere. I've updated the first post here. Will think about adding it to the downloads portal as well.

What's new is listed on the downloads page, but will add above.

Edit #2: the download portal now has all stand-alone releases as well, and the link here points to there, so it'll always be up to date!
    Thanks for the great tool Pepi

Question

After applying all the immunizations, is it safe (in regards to privacy concerns) to install updates without checking on the web if they've been associated with spying activities? (I'm running Win7 64bits, in case that matters)

Quote Originally Posted by TiagoTiago View Post
    After applying all the immunizations, is it safe (in regards to privacy concerns) to install updates without checking on the web if they've been associated with spying activities? (I'm running Win7 64bits, in case that matters)
    Not in my opinion. You should still avoid the Windows 7 & 8.1 snooping updates if you value your privacy. MS has repackaged these a couple times now. There is no reason to think they won't do it again, maybe even including a workaround for these countermeasures? In windows 10 I understand they bypass the hosts file for a lot of communication, they could easily do the same for win7 and 8.1.

askwoody.com is a great resource for keeping on top of the updates.

Default Avira antivirus blocking Spybot Anti-Beacon

Is any solutions available for Windows 8.1 with Avira antivirus? Everything is blocked except Telemetry Hosts. 16% protected (7 of 44)

Default Bitdefender Reporting Trojan

I saw this post about Windows 8.1: "After running Spybot Anti-Beacon my anti-virus software Bitdefender Total Security warns me for an infection of the file C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts. Bitdefender adds that it has desinfected the item. It also claims the virus is Trojan.QHost.Gen."

It is also true for Windows 10 64bit. When I reopen Spybot Anti-Beacon, it's showing as 30% immunized, 16 of 53. I downloaded the latest version, 1.5, from MajorGeeks.

Is this a false-positive? If so, is there a way to keep Bitdefender from removing the new entries in the Hosts file?

Under the Protection tab, Telemetry Hosts lists "no blocks yet", but everything else is blocked. Under the Optional tab, Telemetry Hosts (extensive list) shows part of the bar green, but doesn't state how many of the 70 are blocked - I'm assuming zero is blocked from the information under the Protection tab. Everything else, other than Bing because I use it sometimes, is showing as blocked.

Default Cpu %

I have installed ver 1.5 on 3 different pc's and the app is using 25 - 30% of the cpu cycles. Is anyone else experiencing this?

It shouldn't even be running, except when you actually use it?

It doesn't do anything in real time, it just changes settings and adds entries to the hosts file.

Hello,
    Do you accept user-made translations?
    I can translate it to Polish.