Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Spybot Anti-Beacon for Windows 10

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by carloscape View Post
    After applying the block to the Optional Telemetry Hosts (Extensive list), I noticed skype chats wouldn't update properly. I could see some updates, but several rooms wouldn't even load. In a future update, I would suggest that the Skype servers could either be excluded, or the ones that affect usage be removed from the list or included in their own category. That way, I could benefit from the additional block without loosing functionality on skype.

Once I identified what was causing my skype issues, I had to undo that block to recover skype use.
    +1. Please fix this!

Since Skype isn't just "Skype" contacts, but previous Skype + previous MSN contacts, bound together, but not merged, then enabling this "Telemetry Hosts (extensive list)" effectively blocks all your contacts, that are from the MSN database and you can chat only with people with Skype native contacts. Not exactly sure about group chats functionality.
    Last edited by deemon; 2016-01-06 at 21:03.

Exclamation Links are down!

Please move the download links to some real servers, currently Dropbox allows no downloads because it has been generating "too much traffic". If someone has reliable download links and hash of the original, please share.

E: hashes already available, I just saw.
    Last edited by anonymous6767; 2016-01-12 at 14:34.

Default Cant Sync errors

Lost ability to use office products after running anti beacon for a week, when I tried to undo some of the optional items everything quit working and I cannot undo them. Errors in log file and will not remove block, tried system restore to earlier than install date and it did not fix the problem. Is there a fix for the optional items? I really don't want to have to re-install windows to fix this. Thanks for any and all help, have always loved the Spybot software.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous6767 View Post
    Please move the download links to some real servers, currently Dropbox allows no downloads because it has been generating "too much traffic". If someone has reliable download links and hash of the original, please share.

E: hashes already available, I just saw.
    I have the same issue.

I see the "hashes," (if by hashes, the string of text to the right of the download button), but have no idea how to use the hashes to download.

Help for a new guy?

I'm also having trouble downloading the file due to the host :(

Default Does it activate with startup?

I installed this and it's not in the startup file. Why? Is it activated automatically each startup or do we have to each time?

Quote Originally Posted by Anomen341 View Post
    Lost ability to use office products after running anti beacon for a week, when I tried to undo some of the optional items everything quit working and I cannot undo them. Errors in log file and will not remove block, tried system restore to earlier than install date and it did not fix the problem. Is there a fix for the optional items? I really don't want to have to re-install windows to fix this. Thanks for any and all help, have always loved the Spybot software.
    I have the same problem with the OneDrive Service. 1 of 2 is blocked and cannot be undone. This keeps my Windows Mail app from syncing. Furthermore, the log file shows the following error:

OneDrive Service: Unable to read status for service "OneSyncSvc_Session1" (error 1060: The specified service does not exist as an installed service.).

Also, when I try to manually start the "OneSyncSvc" service I get the following error:

"The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it."

File host was changed from Dropbox to Box, yet it still does not work.

Default Same problem here...

Quote Originally Posted by mupet0000 View Post
    File host was changed from Dropbox to Box, yet it still does not work.
    Having same problem ...can not download from your site?

Default Feature Request

Great little program, HIGHLY recommended. On a similar subject, MS has decided to kill XP Mode for all OS versions above Win7. I took the free upgrade to Win10, no problems, I had a copy of VMware Workstation 8 working after the initial upgrade last month. I have a Linux x64 VM and I imported my Windows XP Mode to a VMware VM beforehand to help preserve it, and up until today that was successful.

Today, my VMware 8 causes a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT blue screen in Windows 10. So, my surmise is that MS, my love-hate partner, has done something in the last 30 days that makes this software incompatible. It's an old version, so, fair enough.

I then downloaded a current free copy of VMware Player 12, which is purported to work with Windows 10, and voila, it works, and runs my Linux VM just fine. I got a nasty surprise when I tried to run the XP Mode VM, though. I got an error message that said, "This system is not allowed to run Windows XP Mode. The virtual machine will now power off." So, MS has done something different here, too. I don't like it. The VM log files reports that the OS told it there was no license.

It's not exactly a real-time telemetry issue, it's more of a remote finger gesture of some kind, but if you guys could figure out a workaround for that since I think it's a deliberate sabotage via upgrade, I'd be willing to pay real money for it. Still using a few really OLD programs that will only run in Win 7 32 bit mode.

Painted into a corner on this.

cheers and keep up the good work