Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Spybot Anti-Beacon for Windows 10

Default Does Anti-Beacon 1.5 Auto-Start when Windows 10 starts?

I don't see Anti-Beacon on my Startup Manager list. Do I need to start it manually every time I start Windows 10? If so then every reboot allows Windows 10 to start spying on me again.

Cool Why after restard all "Protection" are activated ?

Hi,

i activated spybot anti‑beacon block pro all function in "protection", except "telemetry group policy" (to use windows feedback) & "apps use advertising id",
    but the problem is that when we restart,
    all protection block are all blocked back,

so i would like please,
    that you update your tool to keep the setting that we use in "protection", before restart...

Kanth you (be & live)

PS :
    If we use CAPITAL don't change it automatically to minuscule please,
    I Don't like GREEK minuscule & Latin Minuscule with Hebrew shape !
    Last edited by Nemzag; 2016-02-24 at 15:56. Reason: P.S.

Default Add description pro each one of block

Hi,

In Anti-beacon when you use "Show Options",
    each line should have a description to explain what it block exactly.
    I know that we can get information else where on web,
    but it would be cool, that description to be added directly there,
    or by moving mouse upon title...

Kanth you.

Default Command line parameters

I see that in 1.3 command line parameters were added but I am not seeing much for documentation... anyone got a link to it or has it not been made public knowledge yet?

Quote Originally Posted by niftyapple View Post
    I see that in 1.3 command line parameters were added but I am not seeing much for documentation... anyone got a link to it or has it not been made public knowledge yet?
    Cancel that. I found it after looking right at it. For those that don't know, you can find it in the help documentation.

Unsure if this has been posted before, I didn't go through all the pages, apologies if it has.

I had issues connecting to Skype properly after I installed win10 and this application. Some/Most of my Skype contacts weren't displayed as online, I also use Skype to connect to an old MSN account, none of those were showing up either. Turns out some of the entries in the host files were messing with this. After I removed the few entries, I was able to see all my contacts again.

Making this post for transparency for other users and possibly have these few entries removed from the list as they interfere with Skype's proper functioning. I wouldn't imagine these have anything to do with telemetry, even if they do, they are apparently a vital address required for Skype usage.

The source for my issue and fix is located here: http://community.skype.com/t5/Window...ne/m-p/4124233
    Only 4 of those 5 hosts were in my hosts files and I removed them all, issue fixed. Unsure if they're all required to be removed or if its just one or two of them that causes the issue, I didn't do testing on them.

Thank you for the great program, I love it.

I have downloaded version 1.5 however there is a strange issue which I am facing. If I immunize both the protection and the optional lists it shows I am full protected. But if I close the application and reopen it whether normally or via run as admin , it always shows the Telemetry Hosts as not being applied, same goes for the Telemetry Hosts (extensive list) under the optional tab. Even the scheduled task to run at startup although runs but seems to not apply the Telemetry protections. I have re immunize and if I close the application and reopen it is back to showing protection not applied.

I have tried portable as well as the installer/
    Anyone else facing the same issue or has insight on what could be the fix for this.?

I have a problem like @Dude_Virus , in the Protection section if I press Immunize when the Telemery Hosts are included the program stops working. The problem is also in Optional section with Telemery Hosts. When I press Apply the program stops working. I have tried portable as well as the installer version :/ Does anyone know how to solve it?

I also have the same problem that Dude_Virus and agresywny reported...both Telemetry Hosts (under protection tab) and Telemetry Hosts - extensive list (under optional tab) do not keep the protection after you hit the "immunize" and "block" function respectively. I'm currently running Windows 10 with 2016 Kaspersky Total Security for anti-virus and iolo's System Mechanic ver. 15.5.0.61 for PC repair (defrag, remove system clutter, etc) if this helps at all. I have installed the latest version of Spybot Anti-Beacon ver. 1.5.0.35. Thx
    Last edited by Stormforge; 2016-03-13 at 18:18.

Sounds like another (security) software is "protecting" the hosts file from changes.
    We might have to check on blocking these hosts through the Windows Firewall.

@pluviophiliac: Skype indeed is on the Optional Telemetry list. Might be we need to differentiate some more here and make separate entries.

@Nemzag: if you press the Show Options/Show Details button, there are these details? Please explain further.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)