Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Spybot Anti-Beacon for Windows 10

Question Need help, cant undo OneDrive Services and can't login to store

Need help, cant undo OneDrive Services and can't login to store. No matter what I do, reboot, uninstall, etc. I can not get the OneDrive Service to Undo. It just says 1 of 2 blocked currently and has half of the green bar flashing forever. I need to use Windows 10 store and get this to undo. Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    Sounds like another (security) software is "protecting" the hosts file from changes.
    We might have to check on blocking these hosts through the Windows Firewall.
    Do you have an ETA on when we can expect a fix to our reported issue? I really want to be "immunized" as soon as possible! Thanks!

Default Hello support??????? I want my operating system back!

Quote Originally Posted by jimh9 View Post
    Need help, cant undo OneDrive Services and can't login to store. No matter what I do, reboot, uninstall, etc. I can not get the OneDrive Service to Undo. It just says 1 of 2 blocked currently and has half of the green bar flashing forever. I need to use Windows 10 store and get this to undo. Please help.
    OK then, how can I uninstall this AND get my windows store working again? Since the UNDO OneDrive Service button doesn't undo it.

When it starts a pop up says something about host file and being locked - then the app goes unresponsive. How do I fix it so I can use it?

Default What antivirus are you running on your system?

Quote Originally Posted by MonthOLDpickle View Post
    When it starts a pop up says something about host file and being locked - then the app goes unresponsive. How do I fix it so I can use it?
    There is a good chance that an anti-virus, specially if it is one of those "suites" or "bundles", is locking/preventing the application from accessing a part of the registry/scheduled task/host file/etc...
    Best thing you can do is click on the "Show options" button and look at the items listed for the action, telemetry,etc..., you are having issues with and manually alter it.

Default Need help, cant undo OneDrive Services and can't login to store

There is a good chance that an anti-virus, specially if it is one of those "suites" or "bundles", is locking/preventing the application from accessing a part of the registry/scheduled task/host file/etc...
    Best thing you can do is click on the "Show options" button and look at the items listed for the action, telemetry,etc..., you are having issues with and manually alter it.

Oh boy, here are a few steps for you to follow...
    1. Temporarily disable your anti-virus, anti-malware, etc...
    2. Run anti-beacon as an administrator...
    3. Let us know what happens next...

Disclaimer time:
    I give no warranties or representations concerning the free advice above, and accept no liability in relation to its use.

Quote Originally Posted by somedudde View Post

Oh boy, here are a few steps for you to follow...
    1. Temporarily disable your anti-virus, anti-malware, etc...
    2. Run anti-beacon as an administrator...
    3. Let us know what happens next...

Disclaimer time:
    I give no warranties or representations concerning the free advice above, and accept no liability in relation to its use.
    OK. I already have tried all that, disabling Avast anti-virus and running as administrator. There is still a few options I can NOT undo.
    So I thought to REALLY not have any AV software running, I would reboot into safe mode and try there. Same thing there are a few options with
    green bars that simply do nothing when you press UNDO or Undoes half the bar and windows store doesn't work. So then I uninstalled it with IObit uninstaller
    using the power scan options that gets rid of any traces in registry. Then I reinstalled it as administrator in safe mode, and
    STILL THE EXACT SAME THING. I CAN NOT UNDO 4 OF THE GREEN BARS!
    SPECIFICALLY ON OPTIONAL TAB:
    OneDrive Service undoes 1 out of 2 only
    Office 15 and Office 16 Telemetry Scheduled Tasks will NOT undo at all.

So support. Please tell me how to undo OneDrive Service blocking thru registry edit or release a new version that lets you UNDO THIS! This is a SERIOUS issue, more serious than Windows 10 spying on me!! I need a fix now.

OK. I already have tried all that, disabling Avast anti-virus and running as administrator. There is still a few options I can NOT undo.
    So I thought to REALLY not have any AV software running, I would reboot into safe mode and try there. Same thing there are a few options with
    green bars that simply do nothing when you press UNDO or Undoes half the bar and windows store doesn't work. So then I uninstalled it with IObit uninstaller
    using the power scan options that gets rid of any traces in registry. Then I reinstalled it as administrator in safe mode, and
    STILL THE EXACT SAME THING. I CAN NOT UNDO 4 OF THE GREEN BARS!
    SPECIFICALLY ON OPTIONAL TAB:
    OneDrive Service undoes 1 out of 2 only
    Office 15 and Office 16 Telemetry Scheduled Tasks will NOT undo at all.

So support. Please tell me how to undo OneDrive Service blocking thru registry edit or release a new version that lets you UNDO THIS! This is a SERIOUS issue, more serious than Windows 10 spying on me!! I need a fix now.
    Have you tried doing a Recovery restore point prior to Spybot install? If that doesn't work, wipe your drive and reinstall Windows 10. It's faster doing that than waiting for a response.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormforge View Post
    Have you tried doing a Recovery restore point prior to Spybot install? If that doesn't work, wipe your drive and reinstall Windows 10. It's faster doing that than waiting for a response.
    No way in hell I am going to wipe it and reinstall Windows 10, it is a laptop and one of the first things I put on it was Anti-beacon, because it came with Win 10, all my other stuff is win 7. And now I have it with everything installed exactly as I like it, so not redoing everything. There must be a simple regedit SUPPORT CAN PROVIDE and answer/solve this, or update the program already so it UNDOES SETTINGS PROPERLY. Is that really too much to ask from a reputable company like Spybot?