Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Spybot Anti-Beacon for Windows 10

Hi all,

Just found out about Anti-beacon after watching youtuber Barnacules' video about it. Is the program is still being updated? I noticed it's not been updated since October and there have of course been Windows 10 updates since then so I just wanted to check that it is still able to block all the potential privacy holes in Window 10?

Quote Originally Posted by FlexiPack View Post
    I just wanted to check that it is still able to block all the potential privacy holes in Window 10?
    Nothing can block all the potential privacy holes in Windows 10.

Default Hello support??????? I want my operating system back!

Seriously SPYBOT, can you please comment and fix this problem. No matter what you do, try to undo setting, uninstall software, reinstall Anti-Beacon, etc. Some settings will simply NEVER undo, and hence made Windows 10 store NOT USEABLE AT ALL. Can you fix your bugs, release a new version, or at the fucking least give instructions on what to regedit to get rid of this shit software and allow us to log into windows store again? I've only been asking for 3 months now!

Quote Originally Posted by FlexiPack View Post
    I just wanted to check that it is still able to block all the potential privacy holes in Window 10?
    Quote Originally Posted by dave88 View Post
    Nothing can block all the potential privacy holes in Windows 10.
    But you can stop W10 from spying on you by monitoring/blocking with Glasswire and Peerblock, take full control of your Network and only allow your computer to connect to what you want it to.
    Last edited by dark9; 2016-06-11 at 18:16.

Unhappy Spybot Anti-Beacon options bug

Spybot Anti-Beacon 1.5 does not remember its options across program restart, please fix.

Default Spybot Anti-Beacon

I tried it in Win7 and got two remarks about entries found in the hosts file - but not what the entry is.
    How do I get to know what it is???

Nu user help ... What happens if I click "Apply" under "Optional? Does it change something in "hosts"?

How can I revert changes, if I want to?

What about updates I should not have?

Thx for replies

Default Spaybot Anti-Beacon

I only now discovered that Anti-Beaon has its own section...

I tried it in Win7 and got two remarks about entries found in the hosts file - but not what the entry is.
    How do I get to know what it is???

Nu user help ... What happens if I click "Apply" under "Optional? Does it change something in "hosts"?

How can I revert changes, if I want to?

What about updates I should not have?

Thx for replies

Default hangs at 2% protected 1 of 53

[QUOTE=PepiMK;465779]Spybot Anti-Beacon for Windows 10 is a small utility designed to block and stop the various tracking (aka telemetry) issues that come with Windows 10.

Seeing the bunch of incomplete or broken scripts to disable tracking in Windows 10, and the tools that install adware or worse in exchange for their function, we wrapped disabling tracking up in a small tool that's free and clean. Might or might not become part of the next Spybot, since it's similar to immunization, but it's needed now, and it's still work in progress as more and more information evolves.

Have just downloaded and installed this. Running W10 x64 Home. Every time I run it it hangs at 2% protected 1 of 53.

In the log is this:

[i] Telemetry Hosts: 0 entries found in hosts file (C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc\hosts.).
    [.] (TWindows10TelemetryHostsImmunization)
    [i] Telemetry Hosts (extensive list): 0 entries found in hosts file (C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc\hosts.).
    [.] (TWindows10TelemetryHostsOptionalImmunization)
    [-] EOleException: TWindowsFirewall.BlockExists
    [i] OneDrive Service: Unable to read status for service "OneSyncSvc_Session1" (error 1060: The specified service does not exist as an installed service.
    ).
    [.] (TWindows10OneDriveServicesImmunization)

What gives please...?

After I enable everything/immunize do I have to keep the program open? Or can I simply close it?

In Memoriam -Always in our heart nickW's Avatar

Hello,

The French translation is ready since 2016-04-10.

Why isn't it in the "supported languages"?

Cheers.
    nickW, traductrice de Spybot-S&D en français
    ASAP & UNITE member
    Forum d'Assiste.com