Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Spybot Anti-Beacon for Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by rapperman View Post
    After applying today's Anniversary update, Telemetry Hosts (under both the Protection and Optional tabs) are refusing to remain blocked. I completely uninstalled and then reinstalled the product but the problem remains. Any ideas?
    The anniversary edition made some changes to the group policy to reduce user control. I wouldn't be surprised if they removed the ability to disable telemetry.

Or they just moved it/renamed it so the changes made by this program wont work until it's updated.

Is Anti-Beacon no longer being updated?

I'm on Win 10 Pro, after update Anti Beacon still worked fine here (at least it says it works), only had to stop Cortana by myself delenting a ton of registry entries (don't ask me which ones, I just deleted a lot of them and stoped after getting tired lol). I think I went too far tho, can't type on the Start menu to get my programs quick anymore, but I can live with that

Quote Originally Posted by Kalinin View Post
    I'm on Win 10 Pro, after update Anti Beacon still worked fine here (at least it says it works), only had to stop Cortana by myself delenting a ton of registry entries (don't ask me which ones, I just deleted a lot of them and stoped after getting tired lol). I think I went too far tho, can't type on the Start menu to get my programs quick anymore, but I can live with that

After the update Anti-Beacon required the system to be re-immunized. That went without a hitch. But you will likely notice after a bit of time that reopening Anti-Beacon will reveal that the telemetry sections need to be reapplied. Everything else sticks.

It sounds as tho you've managed to completely disable Cortana. On my system, doing so resulted in the same behavior with the search box.

Quote Originally Posted by LinuxMasterRace View Post
    Is Anti-Beacon no longer being updated?
    Same question to dev's. Last update was almost 1 year ago? Can you guys please explain?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicpromo View Post
    Same question to dev's. Last update was almost 1 year ago? Can you guys please explain?
    Hope I don't get banned for posting this, but I've been using Win10Privacy. It's way more comprehensive, and just recently updated for Anniversary update.

http://www.winprivacy.de/english-home/

Default Hello Devs?

Hello Devs,
    It bewilders me that you come out with the first and supposedly best Wind 10 anti-spyware/telemetry/privacy app, and then you never update or support it? I mean windows 10 Anniversary update is already out and people want their privacy back and Cortana blocked. Do you have any plans on updating the software or should we go to another companies solution?
    Thanks

We've actually been working on it, but merged into the new user interface from Spybot 3, so it kind of dangled around depending on Spybot 3. I'll talk to the others about getting an update unrelated to Spybot 3
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

I too would love to see the free Anti-Beacon tier maintained.

I'm happy to donate but I don't need AV, I just want a non-leaky OS.

The price of privacy is eternal vigilance!

Default auto-start

Dear PepiMK, I payed for this program and I like it. However, it should be possible to start this program as a service.
    Now, I have to start it manually myself each day. I checked the parameters, but I don't find a way to let it start by itself.