Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Spybot Anti-Beacon for Windows 10

Default 1 of 2 Undo error

Quote Originally Posted by wegmand View Post
    I have the same problem with the OneDrive Service. 1 of 2 is blocked and cannot be undone. This keeps my Windows Mail app from syncing. Furthermore, the log file shows the following error:

OneDrive Service: Unable to read status for service "OneSyncSvc_Session1" (error 1060: The specified service does not exist as an installed service.).

Also, when I try to manually start the "OneSyncSvc" service I get the following error:

"The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it."

Did you find a solution?

Quote Originally Posted by LordOfMelons View Post
    Did you find a solution?
    Hi LordOfMellons,

I'm getting the exact message in the log file. Furthermore, I can't completely undo the OneDrive Service. There are 2 Services running, and I am only able to Undo one of them. I am unable to Sync OneDrive as well, and I suspect that the Error you quoted is the cause. I could only Undo one of the two Services, and yes, I Rebooted after the Undo attempt.

I also tried reinstalling over the old installation and deselected the check box that auto-runs the program on startup, but no joy.

What say Admin? Any help, ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. IMHO, It's a great program except for that single issue, and I realize that it may not be the program itself, particularly since there only two of us experiencing the problem.

TIA,
    SeaBird
    (Michael Knapp)

Exclamation issues with skype

First, great job guys ! I use spybot for many years

I saw in precedent posts that some people had problems too.

If i put all options of SpybotA-B ON, skype seems to be great but :

- when i send a message, it seems to be not instant but a little loading appears with circle
    - when a friend tries to send me a file, i receive nothing, no alert, just nothing
    - when i try to send a file, it sends very quickly, then it marked as done but in reality, my friend has received nothing, no file, no alert

can you identify what fails and make a patch ? hosts maybe as said page 14 ?

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    We've actually been working on it, but merged into the new user interface from Spybot 3, so it kind of dangled around depending on Spybot 3. I'll talk to the others about getting an update unrelated to Spybot 3

Fantastic... Please keep us posted on your progress!!

Hi there,
    thanks for Spybot Anti-Beacon, it's a very useful program, as is all the software from Safer-Networking that I've used.

I'd like to report a problem with the portable version of Anti-Beacon. The /silent parameter doesn't do anything. At first I though the command line was disabled for the portable version but /apply does indeed work; so it's something else. Would you mind fixing it and publishing an up to date version for the Anniversary Update of Windows 10?
    Thanks anyway.
    Cheers.

Hello, how to allow Windows update while using Anti Beacon?

It's currently not working. I tried going in the Windows Catalog with Edge and it's not working also.

I cannot download the updates directly from Ms so I guess (well certain I would say) the Telemetry has something to do with it.

Do I need to disable Anti Beacon for the updates?

Thanks!
    Last edited by yul2000; 2016-08-18 at 05:08.

Quote Originally Posted by yul2000 View Post
    Hello, how to allow Windows update while using Anti Beacon?

It's currently not working. I tried going in the Windows Catalog with Edge and it's not working also.

I cannot download the updates directly from Ms so I guess (well certain I would say) the Telemetry has something to do with it.

Do I need to disable Anti Beacon for the updates?

Thanks!
    Ok so after researching Windows Update won'T work with Anti Beacon. Is the solution to disable it when doing the updates? It looks like Ms is injecting workarounds through the updates I have posted another post about it not sure if the battle can be fought at this point? Thanks

Default Skype and Spybot

Hello, I'm not sure if this has been answered or not before but I immunized my system and I noticed that I couldn't send/receive files on skype afterwards. When I undid it I could. I'm trying to figure out which of the parameters control skype's file sharing and if possible, if there's a way around to keep that immunization on while being able to share file. Thanks for replying!

Thumbs up skype

if you read up my precedent post, you see you are not alone
    someone gave us a track page 14

the guilty is in the hosts file :
    0.0.0.0 s.gateway.messenger.live.com

just delete this line and cut skype, launch again : fixed !

Default Spybot Anti-Beacon for Windows THANK YOU!!!

Thank you so much. I have tears in my eyes. Microsoft has gone way beyond with this tracking and put it into all the current versions. I have 40 years in computers and am disgusted by the GWX effort and all the tracking. These systems are my software builds. Bought and paid for. How dare Microsoft or anyone mess with my systems!!! I will help you in any way I can. Just ask!!!

I am testing on three platforms now.

Timothy C. Morris, MCNE

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    Spybot Anti-Beacon for Windows 10 is a small utility designed to block and stop the various tracking (aka telemetry) issues that come with Windows 10.

Seeing the bunch of incomplete or broken scripts to disable tracking in Windows 10, and the tools that install adware or worse in exchange for their function, we wrapped disabling tracking up in a small tool that's free and clean. Might or might not become part of the next Spybot, since it's similar to immunization, but it's needed now, and it's still work in progress as more and more information evolves.

Choose one:

Attachment 12311