Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Spybot Anti-Beacon for Windows 10

I run Peerblock, which has a list of Microsoft IPs blocked. After I ran all the immunization, then opened my Start Menu and started typing things in, Peerblock was still catching requests to Microsoft servers. Specifically to IP 204.79.197.200:443

Angry Spybot anti-Beacon 1.3 makes problems with the Outlook app under Windows 10

Hello there,

since I installed version 1.3 and all have immunized, my Outlook stops working app, this is no longer updated and fetches any new messages more pure! I set everything back to its original state back it works again!

Thanks jackthesmack, I'll check what exactly we should do for IPs (right now it only blocks host names)

strykenKN: would you be so kind and try entry by entry? 1.3 now has checkboxes.
    Or... did this not happen with 1.2 or earlier? Then I could check what's new in 1.3.
    Which version of Outlook is it?
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

https://www.safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/

Could you guys add the latest version info there, so I don't have to check the forum post all the time?

Also, when will the app get an updater through its self?

I don't know what happened but this crippled by Windows 10 Mail app. I have stopped using SD Cut The Line. I thought it was permanently crippled but I un-did every option and re-booted. It's working now kind of. I receive mail but I get a message box saying cannot get a connection or something with an error code.

Unless I missed something you guys should probably go back through and find what causes this and fix it pronto.

Quote Originally Posted by RypeDub View Post
    https://www.safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/

Could you guys add the latest version info there, so I don't have to check the forum post all the time?

Also, when will the app get an updater through its self?
    That one will get updated asap. It will then point to our download portal - this is the link.

Updating itself could be a next step, right First releases were a single executable without even installer, there it would have been more difficult.

Small update: integrated update check, download and install has been added - see About dialog in next version, 1.4. Before the release of 1.4, we'll have to check that Windows 10 Mail / Outlook issue though!
    Last edited by PepiMK; 2015-09-14 at 19:18.

Quote Originally Posted by RECONBunny View Post
    I don't know what happened but this crippled by Windows 10 Mail app. I have stopped using SD Cut The Line. I thought it was permanently crippled but I un-did every option and re-booted. It's working now kind of. I receive mail but I get a message box saying cannot get a connection or something with an error code.

Unless I missed something you guys should probably go back through and find what causes this and fix it pronto.
    If you are talking about the Mail app that is bundled with Windows 8/8.1/10 then you are referring to the one that is on the Microsoft Store.

This app, as well as many other apps, are apart of the monitoring/surveillance/tracking/privacy violations/etc. and are going to definitely not function any more after running this program.

This is something you as the user would definitely need to be aware of.

It's not Anti-Beacon / CutTheLine's fault, really, it's just the way M$FT integrated their apps into Windows it's self, at the core/kernel level.

My suggestion is to keep using CutTheLine, NEVER give up your privacy, and look into other mail clients.

I personally like Mozilla Thunderbird because it resembles the paid-for program Microsoft Outlook.

Good news: it seems only the optional "OneDrive Service" is responsible for Windows Mail not working. After undoing this immunization, a reboot is indeed necessary. That's why it's listed as "Optional" Everything else can be applied. OneDrive sync is on the lists of many similar tools, but as with all optional entries, you need to make a choice based on your needs.

But this seems to be an important point - we added a FAQ tab to the main window (and moved the Changelog to the About dialog to avoid too many tabs).

I've installed OK on a W10 machine, but on a W7 machine with Avira AV, it says

"Virus or unwanted program 'TR/ATRAPS.Gen2 [trojan]'
    detected in file 'C:\Test\Spybot Anti-Beacon\SDCutTheLine.exe.
    Action performed: Deny access"

I have actually installed the Anti-beacon by temporarily disabling Avira, and nothing shows up with a scan, but I'd appreciate a comment.

Your optional "Telemetry IPs" in version 1.4 blocks the ability to search bing.com
    Just thought I would throw that out there for anyone who immunized against it and couldn't figure it out.