Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Spybot Anti-Beacon for Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Verkt View Post
    if you read up my precedent post, you see you are not alone
    someone gave us a track page 14

the guilty is in the hosts file :
    0.0.0.0 s.gateway.messenger.live.com

just delete this line and cut skype, launch again : fixed !
    Thank you!

Default fai.music.metaservices.microsoft.com

Hi, and apologies if this has been brought up before.
    Since installing Anti-Beacon V1.5 I found that when I tried to rip CDs using Windows Media Player and clicked on "Get Album Info", instead of getting all the album info, a window opened saying "Unable to display http://redir.metaservices.microsoft.com. After playing around with the Anti-Beacon options, I found that disabling the immunization on "Telemetry Hosts" solved the problem. Is there a work around for this problem or do I have to forgo immunization of "Telemetry Hosts" to allow access to the fai.music.metaservices.microsoft.com database.

Steve

Exclamation Telemetry Hosts Problem

So I have a problem and I need some help. I've been using this program on my new Win10 Laptop for the past week, but I've come to find out I can't download apps or play certain games when all is immunized. I've disabled some of the Telemetry Hosts and it helped a bit, but I still can't download apps. When I try to undo the immunization on all the Telemetry Hosts it freezes the program, I thought maybe leaving it for a while would fix it but it didn't. The Hosts may not be the problem if you guys have had trouble with this and have found a solution please let me know! Thanks!

Question

Is it just for Win10? Has it always been that way? Do you got a suggestion of something to keep me safe from telemetry and other malware stuff being sneaked thru Windows Update on Win7?

Sorry for the first bit, somehow I missed the "supported OS" thing.

So let me reformulate my other question: Is this enough to keep my system safe from MS spyware, and the other malware stuff they've been sneaking on Windows Update, or do I still need to be careful with which updates I install?

Quote Originally Posted by TiagoTiago View Post
    Sorry for the first bit, somehow I missed the "supported OS" thing.

So let me reformulate my other question: Is this enough to keep my system safe from MS spyware, and the other malware stuff they've been sneaking on Windows Update, or do I still need to be careful with which updates I install?
    Hell I can't use Windows update anymore in my case. Anyways, the latest anniversary edition looks like it brought some new tracking changes and don't know if Anti Beacon can handle it.

The answers on this forum are very few it's a bit discouraging. Cheers

Meanwhile, I found this: https://voat.co/v/Ancile

Seems promising; well, at least until MS switches WU to cumulative mode.

Question Can't undo all Anti-Beacon settings

I've tried undoing all Anti-Beacon settings, but these two from the Optional settings you see in the attachment don't seem to be working. I click "undo" and nothing happens. Could you please help?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey, I just got windows 10 and Spybot anti-beacon installer 1.5.0.35. When I try having the program do anything with the Telemetry Hosts, it stops responding. I have tried restarting my computer to see if I might of had something running in the background that was using the file its trying to change but still does the same thing.

So, I went to where the ect folder and opened hosts in notepad and entered the list of sites/addresses to reroute to 0.0.0.0 but when I try to save the file it wont let me. Which brings me here now hoping someone else is able to help me with this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer23 View Post
    Hey, I just got windows 10 and Spybot anti-beacon installer 1.5.0.35. When I try having the program do anything with the Telemetry Hosts, it stops responding. I have tried restarting my computer to see if I might of had something running in the background that was using the file its trying to change but still does the same thing.

So, I went to where the ect folder and opened hosts in notepad and entered the list of sites/addresses to reroute to 0.0.0.0 but when I try to save the file it wont let me. Which brings me here now hoping someone else is able to help me with this issue.
    the file hosts is in "read only" mode
    untick read only to save, then tick it again