Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Spybot Anti-Beacon for Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by dark9 View Post
    ShutUP 10 sneaks up opencandy adware on the system.
    Lies don't help anyone.

Jotti (0/19) - http://virusscan.jotti.org/en-US/filescanjob/3jifo8839i
    MetaDefender (0/42) - http://www.metadefender.com/#!/resul...gular/analysis
    VirusTotal (0/55) - http://www.virustotal.com/en/file/33...3440/analysis/

Quote Originally Posted by santino View Post
    What does this mean?

Did anyone find a fix for the OneDrive Service undo bug? I cannot undo it and I've seen other people that had this problem on this thread. This is extremely annoying, I literally can't sign in into any app: Mail, Calendar, Xbox, Windows Store.

OO shutup does not install itself or any open candy. But what we really need is a program that is constantly updated, NOT Spybot Anti-beacon which is NEVER updated. At least OO shutup is update fairly regularly. Not that any of this really matters as google and bing (microsoft) know everything about you anyways.

Default How to Undo OneDrive Service Block

Quote Originally Posted by m9222 View Post
    Did anyone find a fix for the OneDrive Service undo bug? I cannot undo it and I've seen other people that had this problem on this thread. This is extremely annoying, I literally can't sign in into any app: Mail, Calendar, Xbox, Windows Store.
    I'm having this same issue. I can't undo the OneDrive Service. Now I can't access OneDrive or download and install any app in Microsoft Store. I also have telemetry hosts that are blocked that I can't undo.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Jeff

It does sneaks up opencandy. Antiviruses don't detect it for whatever reasons. I reinstalled W10 to remove that adware. I didn't know i had that adware until i checked in Kaspersky firewall as it was listed there along with other normal applications. Shutup10 is good and the adware may not be a threat but i don't like it sneaking adware.
    Last edited by dark9; 2016-10-08 at 00:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Verkt View Post
    and spybot is able to change it ?! if you cancel host tweak in spybot it resets the file ?
    may be a problem account but if spybot can do it and you not....
    No, spybot stops responding when I have it try to run the changes it should do to the host file, I just tried to save over the host file on my laptop that has windows 7 and still unable to even though the user account is admin. I have no clue why.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer23 View Post
    No, spybot stops responding when I have it try to run the changes it should do to the host file, I just tried to save over the host file on my laptop that has windows 7 and still unable to even though the user account is admin. I have no clue why.
    To add onto that, I have tried using hostsman and it is also unable to save over the file as well. SO I think they made an update to the file so that its harder for users to edit the file.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer23 View Post
    To add onto that, I have tried using hostsman and it is also unable to save over the file as well. SO I think they made an update to the file so that its harder for users to edit the file.
    Try setting permissions to full access from hosts file properties and try temporarily disable antivirus. If that doesn't work just boot using live cd and edit the hosts file.

Default Anti-Beacon any effect on windows 2016?

I'm planning on taking a few hours to "lock-down" Windows 2016 server; since Windows 2016 is a little more than a glorified version of Windows 10 would there be any useful results in running Anti-Beacon against Windows 2016 server? I'm not very confident that it would be of any use, but thought I'd just put the question out there. Thanks in advance and best regards...