Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Spybot Anti-Beacon for Windows 10

Default Is this tool really effective?

Let me first say that I'm here out of concern and that I'm not bashing this tool.

I just don't see this tool doing anything to my Win7x64 box other than adding a few entries to the HOSTS file.

Below is the log from the tool:

Code:
    [i] TWindows10WindowsHandWritingDataSharingImmunization is not supported on your OS.
    [i] TWindows10WindowsSensorsImmunization is not supported on your OS.
    [i] TWindows10WindowsUpdateLocalP2PRegistryImmunization is not supported on your OS.
    [i] TWindows10AdvertisingIDRegistryImmunization is not supported on your OS.
    [i] TWindows10WiFiSenseRegistryImmunization is not supported on your OS.
    [i] TWindows10StepsRecorderRegistryImmunization is not supported on your OS.
    [i] TWindows10AITRegistryImmunization is not supported on your OS.
    [i] TWindows10TelemetryServicesImmunization is not supported on your OS.
    [i] TWindows10TelemetryIPImmunization is not supported on your OS.
    [i] TWindows10OneDriveRegistryImmunization is not supported on your OS.
    [i] TWindows10OneDriveServicesImmunization is not supported on your OS.
    [i] TWindows10CortanaRegistryImmunization is not supported on your OS.
    [i] TWindows10WebSearchRegistryImmunization is not supported on your OS.
    [i] Telemetry Hosts: 38304 entries found in hosts file (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts.).
    [.] (TWindows10TelemetryHostsImmunization)
    [i] Telemetry Hosts (extensive list): 38304 entries found in hosts file (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts.).
    [.] (TWindows10TelemetryHostsOptionalImmunization)
    I've read in a few articles that some of the DNS used for MS telemetry is hard-coded and adding entries like these to the HOSTS file is useless.

I've also read that there are several KB's, a service or two and multiple scheduled tasks that need to be removed in order to "disable" telemetry.

So I will ask again... How effective is this tool?
    Last edited by jeffshead; 2016-12-17 at 15:55.

Default Settings not staying !

Hi folks, I just updated Spybot Anti-Beacon to the latest version 1.6 and when i immunize and select all protection options they do not stay when i restart the program, I have to do it every time i restart, can you help with this please. also when i do try to select everything it says 98% protected as seen in "Attachment4"

Using Windows 10 64bit

Attachment 12769
    Attachment 12770
    Attachment 12771
    Attachment 12772

Quote Originally Posted by Wishox View Post
    Hi folks, I just updated Spybot Anti-Beacon to the latest version 1.6 and when i immunize and select all protection options they do not stay when i restart the program, I have to do it every time i restart, can you help with this please. also when i do try to select everything it says 98% protected as seen in "Attachment4"

Using Windows 10 64bit

Attachment 12769
    Attachment 12770
    Attachment 12771
    Attachment 12772
    Same problem for me. Rolling back to the older 1.5 version I was using fixed this problem, but 1.5 also seems to be covering less than the most recent version. Is there a particular reason why the most recent version's fixes fail to stick on those few entries?

Default Install problem W10 anniversary edition

Hello, Thanks for the excellent product. I've shared it on FB in geek groups.

We have six w10 computers in our home. Most are anniversary edition. I have Anti-beacon 1.5 installed on all. It's the first thing I install.

I'm updating to 1.6 and it's been maga2x on two computers, but the 3rd computer has an install hiccup.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot Anti-Beacon\SDAntiBeacon.exe
    An error occurred while trying to replace the existing file:
    DeleteFile failed: code 5.
    Access is denied.

I do 'run as administrator' to start the install, and the same exe has worked fine on the first two computers. Yeah, I can uninstall and do a install fresh. Probably will before you answer, but I thought you might be interested.

Reno

Uninstall was incomplete. I had to stop the process in task manager. Then delete the files. Reinstall was smooth.

I suggest that you incorporate an uninstall option, and a stop option.

Thanks

Default Can not get block on Bing IP

I don't know what I can do as there are no options or any info as to why it won't block the Bing IP but I just can't get it to work. Everything else works just fine and I never use Bing for anything but every so often my computer will use Bing to do a search and I don't want it to, so how do I get this to block Bing? Any help is greatly appreciated.

bing.JPG

I get this when i try to update
    Unknown error occurred while searching for updates
    ssl /tls support not complied

will it block new updates like KB3207752 without update. upload manager does not work see https://s23.postimg.org/vdrrjpshn/spybot.jpg
    Last edited by johnwrites; 2017-01-06 at 15:49.

Default Diagnostics Tracking Service on Windows 7 with Convenience Rollup installed

Hi PepiMK
    I am a Windows 7 user with Convenience Rollup installed and I verified that Spybot Anti-Beacon doesn't block "Diagnostics Tracking Service".
    It works fine on Windows 10: it blocks both "Diagnostics Tracking Service" and "dmwappushservice" (absent in Windows 7).
    It's possible to fix that issue?
    Best regards

Win7x64 and Win8.1x64 here. After immunization as administrator on both PCs and reboot, "diagnostics tracking service" is running and has automatic startup on both PCs. What is this s*it?

Default Has had a very positive effect on my computer

Man, I had gotten so tired of all the disk thrashing caused by Win 10's telemetry reporting, etc.! Based on articles on the web I had tweaked as many settings as I could, but I know some of that stuff was still running, even if it wasn't sending the data. I read about AntiBeacon 1.6 in one of the articles so figured it was worth a try. Now my disk is as quiet as a mouse! It's only been a few days but I haven't noticed any undesirable effects at all.

I do have a question. At installation there was an option offered to automatically reapply immunization at startup. As I wasn't sure how the program worked, I did not tick that box assuming I could select the option at a later time. I don't see an option in the app to apply that. Can I edit a config file or something to activate that?

Thanks to the people at Safer-Networking for this excellent tool!