Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Spybot Anti-Beacon for Windows 10

Default Win7 Pro settings do not stay set

Hello All,
    After "immunizing" when I reboot I am told I am 96% protected; the 3% is part of the CEIP Program:
    Spybot A-B.jpg
    Thoughts? Thanks!

Default Has this info, Linked by Woody Leonard, been incorporated in Anti-Beacon?

Has this info, Linked by Woody Leonard, been incorporated in Anti-Beacon?
    http://www.ghacks.net/2017/02/11/blo...ows-7-and-8-1/
    If not please consider for next update.
    As a Windows 7 user, an I less vulnerable to Microsoft spying than Win10 users?

Microsoft have released the kb3125574-v4 for Windows 7. It's something like Service Pack 2 but include some telemetry hotfixes. Spybot Anti-Beacon "immunizing" & protect me in this case?

The Disable Sensors in the Protection tab breaks rotation for surface users. Can we move that to an optional setting. Or is there a way to apply the optoins at login but remember that the sensors option needs to stay disabled?

Default Issues using program

So when I hit immunize all I am only at 31% protected. https://gyazo.com/a574e61d8fa66fcf45a3e77fbf7301e1

Also it appears that I am not able to apply the block to Telemetry Hosts(extensive list) in the optional tab

Seems to be working on my Win 7 64 , says full protection in place , log mentions a bunch of Win 10 keys not found . Should I apply any of the optional settings , I don't have any Office 15 or 16 programs loaded ,what about the remote registry and telemetry hosts , apply those as well or is hitting immunize enough on win 7 ?

Default Location setting is now on

I am using Windows 10 Home-64 bit and Anti-beacon 1.6 says "full protection is in place". When I booted, I saw a circle in the task bar that says location is active. I went to settings and location is now on. Can Anti-Beacon prevent this from happening?

In addition Microsoft allows my AV to control the firewall which is off. The last two updates have turned the firewall back on. MS has also changed my system sounds (i.e., mail notification) as well as updating the video card. The problem with updating my video card is that it makes the card's audio output the default audio source but I use my sound card for sound. The net result is that I have no sound until I realize that a change has been made. MS also turns system restore back on. I don't use restore points because I have had too many bad experiences with them. My solution is to make system images on a daily basis. Is there a solution to any of these issues.

Thanks

Default Not complete fuctionality... errr.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick` View Post
    So when I hit immunize all I am only at 31% protected. https://gyazo.com/a574e61d8fa66fcf45a3e77fbf7301e1

Also it appears that I am not able to apply the block to Telemetry Hosts(extensive list) in the optional tab
    I have the same issue, any solutions to this one?

Thanks for your reply in advance. ;-)

Telemetry services won't immunize for me anymore.

Default Any mods or help of any kind...?

I guess ya get what ya pay for.