Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Spybot Anti-Beacon for Windows 10

Default New Version for Creators Update?

I have been reading and seeing that MS changed the way Privacy works and at least one guy on YouTube, a former MS employee warns that the older privacy tools, like this one, may not work correctly. Is that an update planned?

Default New-To-Spybot user status

I've installed S&D Pro and AntiBeacon on my up-to-date Win 10 Pro installation.
    I like the software! Reporting the following behavior...

Anti-Beacon does the following when I run it by manually.

Note 1. This always happens no matter how many times I Immunize / Apply and get out of the program
    Note 2. Rerun on startup is enabled.

Protection Tab / 98% Protected (60 of 61)
    1. Telemetry Sources "1 of 2 blocked currently". Immunize appears to fix this until I restart Anti-Beacon, which reports the same problem.

Optional Tab
    1. OneDrive Service reports "1 of 2 blocked currently" / Apply reports "all blocked"
    2. Office 15 (2013) "Telemetry Scheduled Tasks" reports "no blocks yet!" / the Apply button is there but won't respond
    3. Office 16 (2016) "Telemetry Scheduled Tasks" reports "no blocks yet!" / Apply reports "all blocked"

Again, when I leave the program and run it again, these four lines are the way they were the first time.

Default Curious about this update to

Quote Originally Posted by Machistmo View Post
    I have been reading and seeing that MS changed the way Privacy works and at least one guy on YouTube, a former MS employee warns that the older privacy tools, like this one, may not work correctly. Is that an update planned?
    Looking forward to anti-beacon update to combat the flow of my info on creators edition.

Question

hey guys,

i wonder if you can tell me how to get rid of Anti-Beacon completely? I had it installed before i did the Creators update. I uninstalled it before I did the Update, and as far as I remember, changed all things back to the original. Then I did the Creators update, yet for example Cortana is still gone. Did Anti Beacon not put all back to standard after being uninstalled ? Would appreciate some help with that. Thanks so much.

Wolfseye

Quote Originally Posted by pcar916 View Post
    I've installed S&D Pro and AntiBeacon on my up-to-date Win 10 Pro installation.
    I like the software! Reporting the following behavior...

Anti-Beacon does the following when I run it by manually.

Note 1. This always happens no matter how many times I Immunize / Apply and get out of the program
    Note 2. Rerun on startup is enabled.

Protection Tab / 98% Protected (60 of 61)
    1. Telemetry Sources "1 of 2 blocked currently". Immunize appears to fix this until I restart Anti-Beacon, which reports the same problem.

Optional Tab
    1. OneDrive Service reports "1 of 2 blocked currently" / Apply reports "all blocked"
    2. Office 15 (2013) "Telemetry Scheduled Tasks" reports "no blocks yet!" / the Apply button is there but won't respond
    3. Office 16 (2016) "Telemetry Scheduled Tasks" reports "no blocks yet!" / Apply reports "all blocked"

Again, when I leave the program and run it again, these four lines are the way they were the first time.

I Just joined to post about this same thing ,Was wondering if this new update from windows that is not getting blocked by spybot ,Would this make ingame LAG because its running in the background ,Because after this new update from windows 1703 My games are nothing but lag spike's ..

Exactly the same problem as mentioned by pcar916.

Default I've the same question as[QUOTE=MrToad;474562]

Quote Originally Posted by MrToad View Post
    Has this info, Linked by Woody Leonard, been incorporated in Anti-Beacon?
    http://www.ghacks.net/2017/02/11/blo...ows-7-and-8-1/
    If not please consider for next update.
    As a Windows 7 user, am I less vulnerable to Microsoft spying than Win10 users?
    I use Win7 on desktop & laptop ánd Win8.1 on laptop.
    My concern is that Microsoft will do anything to prevent disabling DataCollection and DiskDiagnostic and Telemetry
    So imho Spybot Anti-Beacon needs frequent updating. Or am I wrong?

best regards, Geminialpha

Default Problem: Spybot Antibeacon version 1.6 on Windows 10 with MediaCreationTool update

I have installed Antibeacon 1.5 on a Windows 10 Home PC upgraded to MediaCreationTool with apparently no issues.

Just upgraded a second PC with Windows 10 PRO to MediaCreationTool, then installed Antibeacon 1.6, immunization apparently went normally, however on closing Antibeacon an ERROR window opened displaying 10 or more exceptions.

Is there an issue with version 1.6; does the issue concern PRO vs. Home version of Windows 10; should I uninstall version 1.6 and install version 1.5?

Hello! I learned about you from Daily Digest mailing: https://hackernoon.com/eight-simple-rules-for-protecting-your-cryptocurrency-5cdddc9f674d. I decided to try free loading of Spybot Anti-Beacon1.6 for Windows 10. The program is loaded more than 10 hours, shows 95%. What do I do incorrectly? Or so has to be?
    I use the translator of Translate.RU.

Default Problem: Spybot Antibeacon version 1.6 on Windows 10

09-07 I have established Spybot Antibeacon version 1.6. Today he continues to show 95%protected (58 of 61). What I should make?