Thread: Spy bot 2.4 hangs up on Zlob.ZipCodec on initial run

Default Spy bot 2.4 hangs up on Zlob.ZipCodec on initial run

I just installed 2.4.40.0 with scanner 2.4.40.181

I set it up an launched as administrator on a windows 7 laptop service pack 1
    Product ID 00359 - OEM- 8992687-00249

I launched scan as an administrator and it ran unincumbered through to the very end, where it hung up on Zlob.ZipCodec and would not finish.

Can any offer guidance on how to mitigate this. Situation?

Thanks!

Default More have the same

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffhaus View Post
    I just installed 2.4.40.0 with scanner 2.4.40.181

I set it up an launched as administrator on a windows 7 laptop service pack 1
    Product ID 00359 - OEM- 8992687-00249

I launched scan as an administrator and it ran unincumbered through to the very end, where it hung up on Zlob.ZipCodec and would not finish.

Can any offer guidance on how to mitigate this. Situation?

Thanks!
    I think many more have this issue, see here: https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...689#post467689

Default Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    I think many more have this issue, see here: https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...689#post467689
    Hangs and must be manually killed. Anything else that was viable as a problem to be solved is completely ignored because the scan is aborted without further progress.

Please go to the Spybot program folder:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2

and run the file SDCleaner(.exe) as an administrator by right-clicking the file and choosing the option to "Run as administrator". This will open the results of your last scan so you do not have to run a scan again to find the same threats.

You can then remove the malware by clicking "fix selected". Sometimes the scanner will say "not responding" at this point for a few minutes but will begin responding again as normal when all the issues are fixed.

Please let me know if further scans complete normally after this.

If not, are you using any other antivirus or security programs that might be preventing Spybot from functioning correctly?

Default Issue Remains

Quote Originally Posted by niall2 View Post
    Please go to the Spybot program folder:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2

and run the file SDCleaner(.exe) as an administrator by right-clicking the file and choosing the option to "Run as administrator". This will open the results of your last scan so you do not have to run a scan again to find the same threats.

You can then remove the malware by clicking "fix selected". Sometimes the scanner will say "not responding" at this point for a few minutes but will begin responding again as normal when all the issues are fixed.

Please let me know if further scans complete normally after this.

If not, are you using any other antivirus or security programs that might be preventing Spybot from functioning correctly?

I did what was recommended however the issue remains after subsequent scans. I am using AVG Free antivirus with Spybot Free.