Thread: Followed all advice but still have problems (Win 10)

Default Followed all advice but still have problems (Win 10)

I really didn't want to bring up another post Win 10 install thread but I'm going to anyway.

So yes,I installed Spybot 2.4,found it unintuitive to use,plus I could never get all the updates to download.Tried several installs but failed every time.Upon un-installing I'm greeted with the install option on every re-boot.So far I'm on my 6th or 7th re-boot.I deleted the file that was on the desktop,deleted the Spybot folder out of program files but I'm still getting it. I even re-installed,added the 3 un-install files you offer (they were already in the folder) and that didn't work.

How do you suggest I stop this because at the moment I'm considering a clean O/S install.

Seriously,this is more difficult to remove than any malware I've ever seen.

I found where it's being called in Task Manager and have disabled it. Hopefully that will stop it.

I have no problem with games/apps leaving behind residual files etc but this is the first time I've seen one that asked you to re-install it every time you start your PC and quite frankly I'm baffled as to why you do it.

Nothing? I was really hoping that someone could at least comment on why this happened,or how to completely remove this from my PC in its entirety.Or indeed if there is a bug-fix in the offing.

I installed Spybot to make sure I had no unwanted programmes,unfortunately SpyBot turned out to be the unwanted programme.

Hi Sheldor,

You say you found where it was being called in Task Manager and have disabled it. Where was this exactly? What was the name of the file?

Removing the "Post Windows 10 Spybot-install" file and the folder "C:\Program Files\Common Files\AV\Spybot - Search and Destroy" should have fixed this issue.