Thread: license didn't get applied??

Question license didn't get applied??

I downloaded the free version and purchased the Spybot license sometime during set up.
    I got a speech bubble type note that said the license had been applied to the current version but I still had the program open.
    So I closed everything and tried again. I didn't know how to tell whether the license was attached or not. Anyway. I ended up restarting my computer.
    When I tried to finish the set up and get the white list thing to finish I clicked on registry repair (or something like that) and the pop-up said that I needed a license number for it and I was redirected to the same page that I had already purchased the product from.
    So now I'm just really confused I really hope some one can help me figure this out relatively quickly.

I just found a post with a similar question. The person basically answered with https://www.safer-networking.org/con...esend-license/
    so I'm trying that now.
    Last edited by tashi; 2015-09-16 at 16:26. Reason: Corrected link

Hi Grace,

If you go to the Spybot program folder ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2"), are there two files here called "license.key" and "license.txt". If not, your license may not have been applied. You can try running the licence installer again and following the prompts to see if your license files are added.

You can also try installing your license in "Safe Mode". To enter Safe Mode, reboot your PC. As it is restarting, hold "F8" until a boot menu appears.

In this menu, choose "Safe Mode with Networking" and run your license installer again when you log in.

Default no license key ... thankful for paypal

When I made the purchase I contemplated using just my cc. Thankfully I used Paypal. It made it so much easier to find my transaction number to get my replacement license number.
    Turns out my windows 10 Pro evaluation copy updated last night and my license files somehow aren't there anymore.
    Spybot automatically reinstalled but it was the free version.
    I'm still working on getting this to work right (I did have it working right for a day or two). Also I didn't know that this was not a live protection program? I thought I was purchasing something I could use in place of Windows defender because for whatever reason I can't get it to turn back on.

Please go to your Spybot program folder at:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2

or for 32-bit PCs:
    C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2

Here, run "unins000.exe" as an administrator by right-clicking the file and choosing the option to "Run as Administrator" to remove any traces of Spybot from your PC.

You can then download Spybot 2.4 from the link below:
    http://spybot-mirror.com/files/spybot-2.4.exe

This can be upgraded to version 2.5 by running the "Post Windows 10 Spybot-install" file which will appear on your desktop after installing and updating Spybot.

You can then run your license file to apply your license.

The paid edition you have purchased will include Live Protection.

If you wish to run Windows Defender, please go to:
    Start Center > Settings (tick "Advanced User Mode" if you do not see "Settings") > System Services

Here, click "Stop" beside "Security Center Service". Untick "Active after every reboot" for this service.

Click "Apply" and "OK", and reboot your PC.

When it restarts, you should be able to restart Defender alongside Spybot. However, if you do this it is recommended to disable Live Protection on Spybot or Live/Real-time Protection on Defender, as running both at the same time can cause issues.