Thread: White listing

Unhappy White listing

After a reinstall of Win 10 x64 I started the white listing process.

It's running for 5 consecutive days now — and hasn't done half of the job so far.

When I tried to restart my computer I got told the white listing process can't be interrupted once it has started.

I don't know what exactly the white listing is doing; my guess would be taking some hashes including dates and file names.

If that's true it's either a rather complicated and CPU-intensive way of computing hashes (why not using GPU?), or a rather ineffective one.

Any way a preliminary warning would have been bonny, kinda » ... can't be interrupted ... maybe very time consuming ... «

Unhappy White listing

I just installed the version 2.4.40.0 today. I have selected the creation of whitelist. In the selection stage I could select only the entire partition, not a folder/subfolder. So I selected 4 partitions, with about 4.5 TB space to be on whitelist.

The program have found about 425 k number of files. After some hours, it have the firsts errors:

spybot_whitelist_error.png

After running more other hours, with about 1/2 of files added it show other errors.
    spybot_whitelist_error2.png

I'm running i7-7700, 32 GB RAM.

The exclusion method was not easier to be done like in the most of antivirus apps? ... to select the exclusion paths for real-time protection and scanning and that's it?

I suppose that I will remove it from my test list. I remember that I used spy-bot about 10 years ago and in that time was ok.
    Sorry for my remarks, all regards for developers!

Notes: processors using is about 4-5 %, and it have 18 GB RAM free available.
    Last edited by mf2212; 2017-04-05 at 21:50. Reason: added note

Default additional info

The creation of mini-windows with errors about storage (1st one from previous post) have continued even after I stopped the spy-bot apps from windows task manager. So I stopped all 3rd services, and I set for them manual startup type.
    SDScannerService ...\Spybot\SDFSSvc.exe
    SDWSCService ...\Spybot\SDWSCSvc.exe
    SDUpdateService ...\Spybot\SDUpdSvc.exe