Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Full Scan Doesn't End

Default Same issue

Running windows 10 and a fully paid up professional version of spybot with anitvirus - but it just freezes/hangs on the zlob codec.

Is Safer Networking doing anything about a fix? or id the latest Zlob a nemsis that will prevent me using my security software from here on in to scan my machine ??

regards

John

John, See my post prior to yours. My Spybot with the same issue as yours is now working fine. Give the solution a try.

Thanks!

Default Thanks mntom but still not working

I cannot get setting to open at all to do as you suggest - as well as the fact i cant open settings and that scans freeze on the whole zlob codec, i cant turn Internet Protection either - spybot seems seriously broke. Started a ticket lets hope the boffins can fix it (interestingly enough nothing seems wrong with my machine or windows if i uninstall Spybot and it runs fast but soon as i reinstall Spybot - the only thing detecting and freezing on the zlob thing, my machine boots up dead slow and has issues - i'm starting to suspect the problem is SPYBOT itself!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by mntom View Post
    I had a support person respond to my request with the following advice: "Please open Spybot Settings and switch to the Categories tab. Deselect all products except Trojans-ZL-000. After that rescan your system. In case it
    again stops, make a screenshot of the whole Spybot window and add it to your next mail to us."

At first, I could not get the Settings menu to open for two days, but then this morning I ran the Update option a couple of times until all updates were made. The Settings menu finally popped up! Then I followed the directions above and ran the scan with only Trojans-ZL-000 selected. It ran fine except on the last item to be checked (Firefox bookmarks), it took about 5 minutes to complete.

After the revised scan completed with no issues, I went back and selected all the Categories in the Settings menu and re-ran the scan. Again, it took a long time to complete the last entry (Firefox bookmarks), but it completed successfully, showing me a number of things to be fixed.

It looks like I finally have a working Spybot application!

I am not very computer savvy...but I've had spybot for years.....this just started hanging up when I updated to windows 10....I've read through other threads about this....but haven't tried this.....don't know how to get settings to open....cn you talk me through it step by step....please

i have the free version of spybot 2.5, windows 10....avast anti virus
    Last edited by bamagal1960; 2016-01-04 at 21:23.

Quote Originally Posted by mntom View Post
    John, See my post prior to yours. My Spybot with the same issue as yours is now working fine. Give the solution a try.

Thanks!
    Tried that several times. Settings window won't open. Still freezes and goes "does not respond" (at best, if it opens at all) and then the scan keeps getting stuck on Zlob.zipcodec. Sheesh

I'm also having the same problem as everyone else... anything new?

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw.Bob View Post
    Same problem, tried twice now same result, never ends. Running Windows 10. anybody any solution?
    Adaveabbott, also got the same problem on Windows 10. Tried numerous times same result.

I cant open settings either.

Been with Spybot many years but might be time to quit as they dont seem to care.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisc12 View Post
    I have been a Spybot user for many years. I am encountering an issue today and I am reaching out to the community for some guidance. I updated the program yesterday and then ran a full scan which I know takes a long time. This morning I came to my PC and saw that it said 100.0% at the top left corner of the window but at the bottom it still says scan progressing on the left, in the middle it shows 4E2AF2AC and on the right it says Scanning for Zlob.ZipCodec downloaded files.... In addition, in the progress area it shows Status: Scan progressing, Product: Zlob.ZipCodec downloaded files.... and it shows the progress bar all filled but it is still getting the moving light across it.

This is going on 20 hours which is really long. Anyone know what this could be???
    Same problem as everyone else.

Default Same Issue

Hi All,

I'm also getting the same issue as everyone else with regards to being unable to open settings and the full scan freezing on the zlob codec. I have raised a support ticket and they stated that a lot of users have raised the full scan issue but they were unable to replicate it. They asked me a copy of the logs and my exisitng sdsettings.exe file. They sent me a replacement SDSettings.exe file, but this one didn't work either. I have heard nothing back on the full scan issue yet, but i've sent them a dump file of the sdsettings process running on my machine to see if that helps.

I will keep you update as I hear from Spybot Support Team and to any resolution on either issue.