Quote Originally Posted by RustyFuture View Post
Hi All,

I'm also getting the same issue as everyone else with regards to being unable to open settings and the full scan freezing on the zlob codec. I have raised a support ticket and they stated that a lot of users have raised the full scan issue but they were unable to replicate it. They asked me a copy of the logs and my exisitng sdsettings.exe file. They sent me a replacement SDSettings.exe file, but this one didn't work either. I have heard nothing back on the full scan issue yet, but i've sent them a dump file of the sdsettings process running on my machine to see if that helps.

I will keep you update as I hear from Spybot Support Team and to any resolution on either issue.
I finally got mine to work. Here's what I posted weeks ago: I had a support person respond to my request with the following advice: "Please open Spybot Settings and switch to the Categories tab. Deselect all products except Trojans-ZL-000. After that rescan your system. In case it
again stops, make a screenshot of the whole Spybot window and add it to your next mail to us."

At first, I could not get the Settings menu to open for two days, but then this morning I ran the Update option a couple of times until all updates were made. The Settings menu finally popped up! Then I followed the directions above and ran the scan with only Trojans-ZL-000 selected. It ran fine except on the last item to be checked (Firefox bookmarks), it took about 5 minutes to complete.

After the revised scan completed with no issues, I went back and selected all the Categories in the Settings menu and re-ran the scan. Again, it took a long time to complete the last entry (Firefox bookmarks), but it completed successfully, showing me a number of things to be fixed.

It looks like I finally have a working Spybot application!

I hope this might work for others. If not, the only thing I can suggest is to fill out a support ticket and hope that the safer-networking folks will find a fix.