Thread: After installing SpyBot S&D 2.4 the Win7 Explorer Context Menu doesn't work

Angry After installing SpyBot S&D 2.4 the Win7 Explorer Context Menu doesn't work

Hello!

I have installed S&D 2.4 on a Win7 64 System and after doing so, the right-click on a folder on the left side of the Windows Explorer makes the Explorer crash instead of showing the context menu.

The error definitely is caused by SpyBot, because after removing the "SpyBot S&D Explorer integration" with a tool (shellExtensionViewer 64) the right-click works again.

Just an information for others who might have the same problem...

Default Same issue

Win 7 x64 - I had the exact same issue. Whenever I right clicked on a drive in the left pane of Explorer, the Explorer instance would CTD. I used CCleaner to selectively disable context menu extensions until I narrowed it down to Spybot. I noticed that there were four entries, two of which were labelled as 32-bit but they all pointed to the same file - SDECon64.dll. Not sure if that is relevant. The extensions can also be installed/uninstalled from Spybot settings.