Thread: Laptop webcam takes hundreds of photos when asleep/idle + Windows Updater etc!

Angry Laptop webcam takes hundreds of photos when asleep/idle + Windows Updater etc!

So i'm not sure if I can/should get any help here with these handful of random issues I seem to be dealing with or not. Some are hardware and some are software as well.

In no particular order my problems are as follows:

First, my integrated webcam appears to take literally hundreds of pictures of nothing when it is either closed, while running, or left idle. From the digging I have done, it doesn't appear to take any images of anything while active and malware scans with Spybot bring up nothing that appears to be a threat of hijacking the camera. My computer's stock "camera roll" folder just loads up with literally dozens of images of blackness after a couple of days if left on.

Second, Windows Updater is somehow screwed up and doesn't want to run, which of course is causing all kinds of issues with things. I have downloaded Windows troubleshooting tools recently and they don't seem to be capable of providing the fixes or directions for fixing whatever the problems are.

Third, and i'm sure it could be fixed with updates above, but when I connect to my TV via HDMI and watch a movie, the sound will cut out and the volume will slowly increase back to normal every time sound stops. I've read a bit around on that as well in the past, and there seems to be some sort of driver issues, but I cannot seem to be able to fix it either.

And fourth, the system seems to be running a bit slowly overall, I'm running windows 8.2 and I know there's a lot of bloat associated with it. I am hoping there's a way besides just turning off startup programs and whatever else. It just seems to be running rather slowly for a somewhat new computer. I just bought it late February, so it's really not that old.

I am running
    Windows 8.2 (build 9600) 64 Bit
    8gb RAM
    Intel Core i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz
    Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Version 6.0.1.7231
    Video Card Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
    Dedicated Memory 32.0 MB
    Total Memory 1.8 GB
    1TB HDD

So, if anyone can give me any advice, hands-on help via screen share, or direct me towards an affordable group such as the Malware Forums here and those processes but for (potentially)non-malware issues, I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance!
    Matt

Hello Alpherio,

Quote Originally Posted by Alpherio View Post
    So, if anyone can give me any advice, hands-on help via screen share, or direct me towards an affordable group such as the Malware Forums here and those processes but for (potentially)non-malware issues, I would be grateful.
    Rather than directing you to our malware removal forum it would be best to get your software and hardware issues resolved first and I think you will need tech assistance.

Please register at What The Tech and post a new topic in the forum: General Hardware As you have more than one issue your topic may be moved as techs see fit but start there.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Thanks Tashi, I didn't think there was any point in starting with malware. The link looks to be exactly what I need.

Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016