Thread: Spybot Anti-Beacon 1.5.0.35 for Windows 8.1

Default Spybot Anti-Beacon 1.5.0.35 for Windows 8.1

Greetings... =]

Just updated to the latest version... useful tool btw! =) ...though Telemetry Hosts (extensive list) reverts to... "no blocks yet!"... after a reboot.

Is this normal?

Cheers for your help!
    Last edited by LightWave; 2015-10-20 at 04:43. Reason: speeling

Default How does the updating work?

I've just installed this tool and it looks very good. Haven't tried rebooting yet to see if I have the same problem.

I'm wondering about how to set up the tool. I installed it and ran it. Everything is blocked for now.

Do I need to remember to run it again? Do I need to keep an eye out for updates of the program? What happens if Microsoft adds something to the attempts to watch us in an update? Will there be an update in the things to block as there is with an anti virus?

I saw in the about box the option of running it with the command line and setting up a task. What does that do and is it really required?
    Blessings

I rarely reboot my laptop... though I did it twice ater installing some updates & software recently and it was then I noticed the Telemetry Hosts (extensive list) in anti-beacon not holding.

I've now just rebooted twice again and it is now staying blocked!... so dunno what's going on there... user error probably, or maybe some soft on my machine that's resetting it... i'll keep an eye on it, though I'm sure it's all good now.

It's set & forget mostly I think, but just check periodically for updates in the about box.

Cheers.