Thread: question about usage tracks

Default question about usage tracks

i regularly scan for and remove usage tracks. in my last installation of windows 10, there were 2 results that kept coming back no matter how many times i tried to remove them. i never saw them again after my new install--until today. i will attach a screenshot. what bugs me is why did they reappear all of a sudden, and what do they mean--especially the (is not) after the entries? i can't help but think this is something suspect and/or sinister. please help to put my mind at ease... thanks!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hello circe801,

Those are not a threat, I'll ask about the (is not) entry.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

thank you for your reply to this one as well. i was thinking the (is not) meant that it was an aliased filename, but how could it be found if that's not actually it? however i cannot find those in the registry, so they can't be registry keys then, can they? i need to learn more about this--i mean i know the tracks of some activities are in the registry, but why can't i find these? i hope that made sense, and thanks for all your help, tashi.

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello circe801,

Those are not a threat, I'll ask about the (is not) entry.

Best regards.
    hi, tashi or anyone else that might see this--just one more question. those usage tracks i sent the screenshot of--are they supposed to be registry entries? because if so, they are not there, so where could they be?? thanks!!

Default "Is not" explained

Hi, the term "is not" refers to a default value to a key. Spybot detects some altered values, especially if these enable backdoors or lower the general security level of the system. Example: "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\DisableTaskMgr" default value is "0". If this gets altered for example to "1" (Taskmanager disabled), Spybot will detect this change and try to change it back to "0" as the value "is not" 0.

Hope this helps.
    (m/f)