Thread: Spybot stalls scanning a Product

Default Spybot stalls scanning a Product

I have a Windows 10 laptop, and have just installed Spybot 2.4

After downloading the signatures, and running the immunization, I'm having trouble scanning for the first time. At 5.3% scan progress, it says it is scanning the Product: Fraud.XPInternetSecurity2010, and at the bottom of the screen it shows the number 016D852B. It shows an Estimated time left: 525 minutes, which never changes once the program stalls.

But it just continues to stay on that product, no matter how long I let it run (I've tried leaving it running for 3 hours but it still won't get past that item.)
    I run Spybot with Administrator privileges, and in Advanced mode.
    I've turned off my antivirus (Avast), and run Spybot.

I have rebooted my computer into Safe Mode and run Spybot and it still stalls at the Product: Fraud.XPInternetSecurity2010

What else can I do to get Spybot to complete its scan?

Default One more time

I tried one last time ---- I set it to run a scan last night before I went to bed, and checking this morning 8 hours later, it once again was stalled at the same place.
    So, at the moment, Spybot is useless to me.

Can anyone make any suggestions?

Thumbs down

Spybot is still useless to me.

I talked to Spybot support. They had me uninstall, turn off antivirus, reinstall....Spybot still stops at the same place. Tried running Spybot in safemode, still stops at the same place.

I hate to say this, but it appears that no one knows the solution, so I may never be able to use Spybot.

Zane

Smile Resolved

Quote Originally Posted by zanestein View Post
    Spybot is still useless to me.

I talked to Spybot support. They had me uninstall, turn off antivirus, reinstall....Spybot still stops at the same place. Tried running Spybot in safemode, still stops at the same place.

I hate to say this, but it appears that no one knows the solution, so I may never be able to use Spybot.

Zane
    OK, clearly there was something wrong in my Windows 10 OS. Microsoft just installed some major updates on my computer, and when finished, I ran Spybot and it worked fine. I have no idea what was wrong before, but it's fixed now.