Thread: Spybot S&D says I have two spybots running?

Default Spybot S&D says I have two spybots running?

Hello, all,

I hope someone wil be kind enough to try and help a complete noob at computer related things so here goes.

When I click on the Spybot icon it comes up with a message saying that I have to spybots running and I only have a licence for one.

Apart from the spybot 2 I downloaded some time ago when I had windows 8.1 ( now using windows 10 free upgrade) I only remember downloading post windows 10 installer. is this the problem and how do I solve this please?

I am very new to this sort of thing so if someone can spoon feed me step by step on how to rectify this problem I would greatly appreciate it!

Default Two Spybots

I am having the same exact problem. I don't know what to do.

Hello Jeanwreno,

Could you open a ticket please.

https://www.safer-networking.org/sup...ket/technical/

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Zoomzoom View Post
    Hello, all,

I hope someone wil be kind enough to try and help a complete noob at computer related things so here goes.

When I click on the Spybot icon it comes up with a message saying that I have to spybots running and I only have a licence for one.

Apart from the spybot 2 I downloaded some time ago when I had windows 8.1 ( now using windows 10 free upgrade) I only remember downloading post windows 10 installer. is this the problem and how do I solve this please?

I am very new to this sort of thing so if someone can spoon feed me step by step on how to rectify this problem I would greatly appreciate it!
    I had the same problem in the beginning

is it possible, that you installed Spybot not to the default directory?

In my case I installed it in a different directory

After the Installation I run "Post Win10 installation"
    The Post Win 10 installation will install Spybot in the default Spybot directory and not to the customized directory