Thread: PUP: Optional. ConduitTB.Gen

Default PUP: Optional. ConduitTB.Gen

Hello,

I am certainly not an expert at these things. I have seen some recent articles warning of applications and files that automatically track your moves and download unwanted programs. This includes deactivating protective antimalware/virus protection programs. Currently, when I run Malwarebytes, it identifies the following........... PUP: Optional. ConduitTB.Gen. (type is "Registry Key"). It always returns even though I remove the threat using Malwarebytes. I can't seem to find this anywhere on my computer and Spybot does not identify this for removal. I also noticed another PUP in the Malwarebytes log. This is " PUP: Optional.yourfiledownloader". The downloader seems to have been quarantined as this does not show in recent scans. Is this a dangerous program? What does it do? Can Spybot add this to detection and removal?

Thanks,
    Ken

Hello KennyP,

PUP is a Potentially Unwanted Program, software programs may use different terms and names to flag an item.

I'd suggest you present the issue in the Malwarebytes forums as that's the program which made the detections and at least one keeps returning.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016