Thread: Rootkit Result Guidance Required

Default Rootkit Result Guidance Required

Hello

I require guidance on the following Rootkit results.

RootKitScanReport-09Dec2015.png

Which ones should I remove and which ones I should not? Are they harmless? Recently my computer has been having severe problems, with possible suspicion of malware. Though so far, Spybot S&D search results have not revealed anything out of the ordinary.
    Last edited by haroonriaz; 2015-12-10 at 09:05. Reason: Image display.

Hello haroonriaz,

Quote Originally Posted by haroonriaz View Post

Recently my computer has been having severe problems, with possible suspicion of malware. Though so far, Spybot S&D search results have not revealed anything out of the ordinary.
    The RootAlyzer is an analyst tool and the attachment you provided inconclusive, sometimes even legitimate software may use rootkit technologies.

In general all items found by the RootAlyzer are not necessarily malicious but shows items it believes to be out of the ordinary.

If you suspect an infection it would be best if someone can take a look at the system in the Malware Removal Forum

Please start a new topic there after reading that forum's FAQ which also includes instructions in post #2 on how to provide the logs from Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and aswMBR, which are the logs used in the preliminary analysis.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Then a volunteer analyst will advise as soon as available.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016