Thread: New Install of Home Version and can't locate on the computer to run Search & Destroy

Default New Install of Home Version and can't locate on the computer to run Search & Destroy

I just installed the license for the Home version of Search & Destroy after purchasing it, and I can't locate the software on my (Windows 10) computer to run Search & Destroy. Any ideas?

Did you have Spybot 2 already installed before you acquired the license?Or was Spybot downloaded while you were installing the license?

I had the free version of Spybot on the computer before the Windows 10 upgrade. I wasn't able to locate it in the list of apps, and I then purchased the Home version of Spybot, went through the process of downloading the license, and I still can't locate the software on the computer. Thanks for your help.
    Best Regards,

Jim

Okay,thanks.
    It is possible,from what I understand,that the free version of Spybot was removed when you upgraded to Windows 10.

Then,when you installed your license file,if Spybot detects that you did not have Spybot previously,it should download the latest version,according to this:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/faq...pybot-license/
    It is possible that Spybot was downloaded when you installed the license file,but isn't readily viewable.
    Or,possibly,if the Spybot folder was still present after it was uninstalled when upgrading to Windows 10(assuming it was uninstalled when upgrading to Windows 10),perhaps the license file was installed to there without all of Spybot being present.
    I'm not 100% certain on either scenario,as I have a different OS and can't check it out for myself,so I apologize for these instructions being sort of awkward.
    Could you follow the instructions on this page to see if Spybot is present in the list of apps and programs:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/w...s-and-programs
    If Spybot is not present in the list of apps and programs,then could you continue on with the instructions on that page to open the search box.Type in Spybot,make a note of what comes up,and then let me know what is found.