Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: purchased spybot license, cant get simple scan functionality to run- HELP!?!

Default purchased spybot license, cant get simple scan functionality to run- HELP!?!

hello:

first off- im a big fan of spybot. i have been using the free product for several years. i ran the free version manually on a weekly basis on three separate computers to check for malware. each of these scans would take about 30 minutes. this worked great, but i had to manually go to each computer and download updates then run the scans i wanted to run. i understand that the free version doesn't allow scheduling, so i purchased licenses for the three boxes. so far so good.

my issues started with the fact that after buying a license i cant just schedule the simple malware scans that i used to run- that's all i wanted. instead av is now a bundled service with spybot. scans on each of the three computers never end- literally days and days with no completion. this isn't with regard to updating signatures, this is scheduled malware (and now av) scans now do not ever complete. one box has only a small 256gb hard drive.

i opened a case months ago but still haven't resolved this. in fact, i removed spybot from my main box out of sheer frustration.

i could use any help that i can get.

thanks,
    j
    Last edited by jaschoon; 2015-12-26 at 14:44.

Hello jaschoon,

I found your previous topic here

Perhaps because there were two posts it appeared you'd had a response. Sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by jaschoon View Post
    i opened a case months ago but still haven't resolved this. in fact, i removed spybot from my main box out of sheer frustration.
    Did you contact support and receive a ticket? https://www.safer-networking.org/sup...ket/technical/

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

tashi-

i sent you a pm, but im not sure it sent. can you confirm you received it, please?

thanks,
    j

Hello jaschoon,

It would be best if you post in this thread, that way there aren't any missing bits. ;-)

Thank you, tashi

tashi:

fine. i have been trying to get spybot to run as a schedule scan since july of last year. ive had several cases open (Ticket#2015070780000029, #2015102980000419) to no avail. the best contact ive had averages once per week from support staff. the last note i submitted was twelve days ago and still no return.

please read my notes in this thread, i don't want to reiterate my history and goals in using the tool. scheduled malware scans sums it up. interestingly, i just started getting an error suggesting that I had four boxes running spybot on my network. its not the case (i don't have four pcs running on my home net) and i don't know how to avoid this.

i'm really stuck here and am hoping that i can get someone (anyone) to take ownership of my issue and be responsive in a way that will help fix this. im not optimistic based on history.

any help you can provide would be great.

thanks,
    j

tashi?

Hello jaschoon,

Quote Originally Posted by jaschoon View Post
    tashi:

fine. i have been trying to get spybot to run as a schedule scan since july of last year. ive had several cases open (Ticket#2015070780000029, #2015102980000419) to no avail. the best contact ive had averages once per week from support staff. the last note i submitted was twelve days ago and still no return.

please read my notes in this thread, i don't want to reiterate my history and goals in using the tool. scheduled malware scans sums it up. interestingly, i just started getting an error suggesting that I had four boxes running spybot on my network. its not the case (i don't have four pcs running on my home net) and i don't know how to avoid this.

i'm really stuck here and am hoping that i can get someone (anyone) to take ownership of my issue and be responsive in a way that will help fix this. im not optimistic based on history.

any help you can provide would be great.

thanks,
    j
    As I do not have access to support tickets I don't know the history of what transpired.

I have posted to the support team linking to this thread and will do so again.

Best regards.

thanks tashi. ill look forward to a response, although someone from the team contacted me saying there was no additional information available.

Hi Jaschoon,

Are you able to update Spybot without issues? If not, please see here for instructions to try to fix this issue:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/faq...update-failed/

Do you launch Spybot as an administrator when using it? This can be done by right-clicking the Spybot icon and choosing the option to "Run as Administrator".

If you are receiving an error that you have installed your license too many times, please contact our support team with this information and they will send you a fix for this issue.

The contact form can be found here:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/con...ition-support/

Please let me know if you continue to have any other issues with Spybot after the instructions above and I will search for a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by niall2 View Post
    Hi Jaschoon,

Are you able to update Spybot without issues? If not, please see here for instructions to try to fix this issue:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/faq...update-failed/

I can update by launching and running SpyBot (as admin), but the issue is with scheduling this.

Do you launch Spybot as an administrator when using it? This can be done by right-clicking the Spybot icon and choosing the option to "Run as Administrator".

Yes. When I schedule the task it is also set to run using admin permissions.

If you are receiving an error that you have installed your license too many times, please contact our support team with this information and they will send you a fix for this issue.

The contact form can be found here:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/con...ition-support/

I will do this.

Please let me know if you continue to have any other issues with Spybot after the instructions above and I will search for a solution.
    The crux of the issue I have is that when scheduled to run the task does not complete, even after several days. When run directly is seems to update and run fine.

Thanks,
    J
    Last edited by jaschoon; 2016-01-27 at 20:54.