Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: No possibility to remove Zlob.ZipCodec via Spybot

Default 3 weeks and counting... no resolution to the problem?

I just checked to see if there was some solution posted for this problem. The last post before this indicates the issue can't be duplicated by SpyBot - and this does seem strange in that so many are seeing the problem. I hope a solution is forthcoming soon.

Scott

Default I have the same problem too, is anyone fixing this?

I am having the same problem with the Zlob.zipcodec. I raised a ticket thing and got asked to try UN-installing and re-installing Spybot which made no difference. I have made sure I have latest updates for spybot and windows 10. I can't open settings or start up tools. If I run the report creator the Spybot hangs and I have to use windows task manager to shut it down. I have been emailing Team Spybot but no one has returned my emails for nearly a week now and I am getting a little frustrated.

Thumbs down Same issue as Costello99... what's up SPYBOT???

Quote Originally Posted by Costello99 View Post
    I am having the same problem with the Zlob.zipcodec. I raised a ticket thing and got asked to try UN-installing and re-installing Spybot which made no difference. I have made sure I have latest updates for spybot and windows 10. I can't open settings or start up tools. If I run the report creator the Spybot hangs and I have to use windows task manager to shut it down. I have been emailing Team Spybot but no one has returned my emails for nearly a week now and I am getting a little frustrated.
    Seems many are in the same boat as you. Thanks for your comments. It WOULD BE NICE if SPYBOT AT LEAST TOLD US WHAT IS GOING ON !! WE DON'T NEED AN IMMEDIATE FIX BUT MANY ARE HAVING THIS ISSUE SO LET'S HEAR SOMETHING FROM SPYBOT!!!

I tried all of the solutions suggested elsewhere (running in safe mode, running the cleanup program from command line, uninstalling/reinstalling) but nothing works. They have a problem with the free version and we are getting what we paid for.

Here I got the same problem, with a 2.4 version of spybot + av. i'll try the ticket way ....

shellyjmcd, your post has been split off to its own topic: https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...703#post468703

Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default AV alternative for now

So until Spybot sorts this out I am going to disable the AV and enable Windows Defender. Nothing malicious appears to be happening on this system so I'm going to assume that Spybot and Windows will figure this one out and let us know so we can re-enable the AV we paid for. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by bjones9942 View Post
    I tried all of the solutions suggested elsewhere (running in safe mode, running the cleanup program from command line, uninstalling/reinstalling) but nothing works. They have a problem with the free version and we are getting what we paid for.
    This is happening on the paid version too, two of my systems with Corporate AV are affected.

Default Zlob.zipcodec and no help from Spybot?

I have posted questions about the Zlob.zipcodec (along with a lot of other people) and no replies. I have raised a ticket and three different people contacted me and everything they suggested didn't work. No one is replying to my emails from Spybot and it is getting up on 3 weeks, not three days. I have read the forums where people have gone into settings and been able to remove it there. I can't open settings, I can't open startup tools and if I run report creator it crashes. If I run a scan it gets to 100% and starts scanning again and shows the Zlob.zipcodec and I have to use Taskmaster to close Spybot. If I had not paid for my copy I would have just uninstalled Spybot and moved on, now I am pissed off because no one is having the common decency to reply to me.

Well, this is odd.

I posted here last night copying an email from Spybot on this subject (they want me to rename some file and put a downloaded file into it) asking if anybody else had been given and tried the same method. As I'm not too at home working 'behind the scenes' with computers I'm a bit scared to do it.

Today I've had a somewhat tetchy email response to my reply to them and now my forum post has been deleted.

What's with that then?