Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: No possibility to remove Zlob.ZipCodec via Spybot

Quote Originally Posted by Jay77 View Post
    Hi,

Have been a SpyBot user for many years, I now get the same issue.

zlob.zipcodec

Attachment 12468

Have tried multiple times, also safe mode. No difference, doesn't complete (have even waiting an hour).

Please get this resolved!
    I feel your pain. But an hour (while incredibly long to a computer) is merely a blink to how long I have left it there (14 hours.)
    I knew intellectually that after an hour on one file it should have moved on so is in a loop or stopped but just to say I gave it a chance I let it run.
    In my case it is the zlob detection but is at a win32 file (I dont remember which one) I would go rename or delete it if I knew which one but since I am not the only one having this problem I feel it is Spybot's problem with either something detecting and preventing their program, or a fault in code, or a threat / change that their program does not deal with correctly. If it at least had a timer that when it timed out it either proceeded to the next file or the next detection schema or finished with a report and errors it would be ok. But this nothing and no recognition or refuting of the problem seems unacceptable. The initial post is weeks old so some sort of reply from them is warranted I think.
    I know it is free but .....

Red face

I've got my fingers crossed that if all of us are having the same problem (Spybot system scan failing to finish its scan and getting stuck at "Zlob.ZipCodec") that it's not a computer infection and just a program hiccup.

I'm gonna monitor this thread and wait patiently for a resolution here before I try to post in the Malware Removal section.

In the same boat here. Windows 10, scan appears to stop, at the point:

Product: Zlob.ZipCodec downloaded files...

I have twice left it to run overnight and it still doesn't complete the scan.

Windows 10 keeps nagging me to sort it out, so help would be appreciated!

Same here for me. Windows 10. I have used spybot some years back and was happy with it so today I decided to use it on this newer computer. Getting tired of all the nonsense on internet explorer and have not been able to get a good install of google chrome without being hijacked by types of nasty apps taking over. So I just dl'd ssd and had it scanning etc... and yes it locks up exactly where you all are mentioning. I was even just about to pay for the profession version but of course I will not do so if ssd isn't being supported any longer. I will watch this post to see if a fix is in the working etc.... Hoping for the best.

Default Spybot Scan hangs at Zlob.ZipCodec downloaded files

Hello good morning everyone.

I am new to this forum, and need your help with this issue that I am having. I had no problem with this program for years then suddenly I came across this problem.

I have been scanned my computer few times and as above on the title stated and its stuck and possibly hangs. I've tried to stop the scan but it is taking a while for it to stop or I shut that down.

Can you help?

Many thanks

Same Problem here.........

any news to fix this problem?

Keep trying multiple times with windows 10 and waiting for an update. been trying since october

Default I am having the same problem

I am having the same problem. Been using spybot with windows 10 since windows 10 got released. Using Norton Security with backup for a year before problem occurred. Tried running as administrator. Tried reinstalling. Running spybot 2.5.43. Will run 24 hours showing 100 percent done, hanging up on Zlobzip.codec 8F4129CC. Please let me know how to get the program to run properly and complete the scan like it always used to. This problem started about 2 weeks ago. Thank you for your help.

Default Same issue witih me.. hands up

Quote Originally Posted by carlkup View Post
    I am having the same problem. Been using spybot with windows 10 since windows 10 got released. Using Norton Security with backup for a year before problem occurred. Tried running as administrator. Tried reinstalling. Running spybot 2.5.43. Will run 24 hours showing 100 percent done, hanging up on Zlobzip.codec 8F4129CC. Please let me know how to get the program to run properly and complete the scan like it always used to. This problem started about 2 weeks ago. Thank you for your help.
    Just wanted to add another user with the same problem.

Thanks

scott

I opened a support ticket a week ago.

Got a reply back asking me to do various things none of which has helped and no response so far from support.

Support say they have been 'unable to reproduce' this problem which seems strange...