Thread: whys it not doing scheduled scans?

Default whys it not doing scheduled scans?

i only noticed today that my system hadnt been scanned since last sept when i did a manual scan and it reported the last date of the last scan
    i checked settings, schedule and it says scan 1st of every month last scan 1st of last month but when i look at the scan logs it says last scan sept 2014
    any idea on whats going on ?

thanks steve

If I am remembering this correctly,I believe that a scan logfile isn't produced from the scheduled scan.However,I can't find anything about that on the forum,and memory alone isn't trustworthy enough on that.If it does show that a scan ran last month in the scheduler tab,that should be trustworthy.

But to be more certain,you could follow these instructions to edit the system scan task to a convenient time and date when you can watch for the scheduled scan.
    https://www.safer-networking.org/faq...a-system-scan/
    If you've got a time when you aren't busy,temporarily setting the system scan to run the scan in a couple minutes works well(using that day's date,of course.)

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    If I am remembering this correctly,I believe that a scan logfile isn't produced from the scheduled scan.However,I can't find anything about that on the forum,and memory alone isn't trustworthy enough on that.If it does show that a scan ran last month in the scheduler tab,that should be trustworthy.

But to be more certain,you could follow these instructions to edit the system scan task to a convenient time and date when you can watch for the scheduled scan.
    https://www.safer-networking.org/faq...a-system-scan/
    If you've got a time when you aren't busy,temporarily setting the system scan to run the scan in a couple minutes works well(using that day's date,of course.)
    thanks for taking the time to reply i`ll try that

regards steve

You're welcome.