Thread: Spybot Housekeeping Purging logfiles on system disc

Default Spybot Housekeeping Purging logfiles on system disc

Hi, I have been running Spybot S&D for a couple of years now with only a few minor problems.

I can select items to quarantine and eventually purge the old stuff from Quarantine.

However I realised today that Spybot creates logs on my system drive here C://ProgramData/Spybot-Search and Destroy/logs and I have a lot of them like this 141016-191317.xml.cleaning and Checks.140701-0055. These are text files relating to my scans and good housekeeping requires me to purge any old files like these but I am unsure the best way to do this and whether I should be careful about purging these files.

Can anybody advise me about how to sort this as I hundreds of both types.

Thanks in advance

John
    Last edited by OldGit66; 2016-01-21 at 18:06. Reason: english mistake

Default Still no Reply

Quote Originally Posted by OldGit66 View Post
    Hi, I have been running Spybot S&D for a couple of years now with only a few minor problems.

I can select items to quarantine and eventually purge the old stuff from Quarantine.

However I realised today that Spybot creates logs on my system drive here C://ProgramData/Spybot-Search and Destroy/logs and I have a lot of them like this 141016-191317.xml.cleaning and Checks.140701-0055. These are text files relating to my scans and good housekeeping requires me to purge any old files like these but I am unsure the best way to do this and whether I should be careful about purging these files.

Can anybody advise me about how to sort this as I hundreds of both types.

Thanks in advance

John
    Hi nobody has replied to my question re: system drive log files. I cannot be the only one who has two years worth of these files clogging up my system so can anybody please tell me how to remove them.
    Thanks in advance

John

Hello OldGit66,

Apologies that your post was missed, could you request technical support please.

https://www.safer-networking.org/sup...ket/technical/

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016