Thread: Post Office Virus

Default Post Office Virus

I recently absent mindedly opened an email that looked like it was from Australia Post, as I was expecting a parcel from them for the last week or so. As my computer tech guy said to me'how would they get my email?' Yes I fell for it anyway,now my computer is being held for ransom(Adware) unless i pay a substantial amount of money (by my standards I don't have any expendable income) I have been trying to flush these insects out of my system before they can do any damage. I have run a couple of different antivirus, anti malware, search & destroy. I even tried a run through with spybot. All of my systems seem to be relatively clean. No sign of Adware on any of the scans. So my questions are these, how can I locate the virus on my PC & how can I eliminate the virus from my PC? Thanks in advance Todd

Hello Todd K,

Please refer to the forum FAQ and the instructions in post #2 on how to provide the logs from Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and aswMBR, which are used in the preliminary analysis.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Then start a new topic providing the logs and a volunteer analyst will advise.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016