Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Other clients detected

Default Other clients detected

Hi good folks at Spybot,

I have a problem -my home computer (the only one on this network) has been behaving oddly. Programs freeze when loading (hitting Ctrl+Alt+Del seems to help for some reason), I can't copy and paste text in YouTube or Hotmail (only in these programs btw). And my personal favorite is WorldofTanks freezing at the end of a match (if I wait long enough it will tell me "Connection with the server has been lost").

Anyway, I also get this message pop up from the SB start center: "Other clients detected.... There are 2 Spybot clients currently protecting PCs on your network... yadda yadda... Continue to use the Home Edition?"

-Why?! I only have one computer and I'm 96% sure I paid for the full license thing. Also, does this mean I have 2 anti-virus programs running and conflicting with each other? it might be the cause of the symptoms I've listed?

Please help...

ps: I dont know if its relevant and I might be imagining things but I think Ive been having these problems since I updated to Windows 10 from Windows 8.

Hello forumsforumsforums,
    Quote Originally Posted by forumsforumsforums View Post
    Hi good folks at Spybot,

I have a problem -my home computer (the only one on this network) has been behaving oddly. Programs freeze when loading (hitting Ctrl+Alt+Del seems to help for some reason), I can't copy and paste text in YouTube or Hotmail (only in these programs btw). And my personal favorite is WorldofTanks freezing at the end of a match (if I wait long enough it will tell me "Connection with the server has been lost").

Anyway, I also get this message pop up from the SB start center: "Other clients detected.... There are 2 Spybot clients currently protecting PCs on your network... yadda yadda... Continue to use the Home Edition?"

-Why?! I only have one computer and I'm 96% sure I paid for the full license thing. Also, does this mean I have 2 anti-virus programs running and conflicting with each other? it might be the cause of the symptoms I've listed?

Please help...

ps: I dont know if its relevant and I might be imagining things but I think Ive been having these problems since I updated to Windows 10 from Windows 8.
    Several issues apparently.

Which version and edition of Spybot do you have please: http://www.safer-networking.org/shop/

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Hi tashi, its Spybot Home edition.

Btw: My PC is a year old gaming machine, so its not a hardware performance issue.

Sorry: Spybot -Search & Destroy (Home Edition) + AV 2.5

Thank you.

A topic about multiple clients started in 2011.
    https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...ltiple+clients

A more recent topic but the user didn't respond so I don't know if their issue resolved.
    https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...ltiple+clients

The png image shows the message you described.
    Perhaps you could contact support to ask how to resolve this particular issue.

-Why?! I only have one computer and I'm 96% sure I paid for the full license thing.
    Support can bring up the history if you provide the email address used when making the purchase.

Also, does this mean I have 2 anti-virus programs running and conflicting with each other? it might be the cause of the symptoms I've listed?
    You can find out how many anti-virus programs you have installed by looking in "programs" but I doubt there will be two Spybot AVs.

Can you provide more detail on this please, for instance when did it start. Were any chances made to the computer, updates to the software affected?

Best regards.

Yeap, Ive looked at those threads and they werent any help. Your suggestions amount to this: Contact customer support, read threads that give explanations but no fixes (its something to do with the commercial side of the product), and find an email from a year and a half ago...

Thanks, but I think I'll just try one of your competition that starts with a 'K'

-thanks anyway

"Can you provide more detail on this please, for instance when did it start. Were any chances made to the computer, updates to the software affected?"

The information might have been useful, can't say with certainty but by your description it appears there may be a separate issue with the computer.
    If so I could direct you to a tech forum where they troubleshoot such.

-Why?! I only have one computer and I'm 96% sure I paid for the full license thing.
    "Support can bring up the history if you provide the email address used when making the purchase."

, and find an email from a year and a half ago...
    A year and a half ago? The license is valid for one year.

Best regards.

Hi tashi,

I switched to another AV and all the problems I listed have simply vanished! Like I said I think these issues arose after I switched to Windows 10 (update for Windows 8.1 via internet). I don't know if it was some obscure piece of software I have installed which caused the conflict(?) -but I thought you should know, and this might help others having the same problem?

Ps: I haven't received an email saying my 12 month license was up (and Im not 100% it was over 12 months), but this could be the problem? ie folks license's are running out and are reverting to the free version which results in there being 2 AV's installed?

Anyway, its been emotional,

Dave o7

Default RE: 2 Spybot clients currently protecting PCs on your network

Hello,

I recently replaced an older Dell laptop running Win 8.1 with a Dell Inspiron 17R 5737 running Win 10. I migrated my data but while I was uninstalling my copy of Spybot SD 2.40 home edition I lost the internet connection. That means the last stage of the uninstall confirming (I assume) to your web site that nothing was left on the old laptop did not occur....at least I believe that is what happened since I, too, am getting the message that multiple computers on my network are using your program.

The only computer that has been on my wire in a couple of weeks has been the new Dell noted above.

Based upon my understanding of what probably happened, do I need to get the old laptop back on the wire, reinstall your product, including running the spybot-license.exe just so I can uninstall it again, hoping this time you get the confirmation notice and you can remove any entries that you have for the older Dell Inspiron running Win 8.1?

D
    Last edited by dgpile01; 2016-05-09 at 17:57. Reason: added new OS

Hello dgpile01,

Could you open a ticket please.

https://www.safer-networking.org/sup...ket/technical/