Thread: McAfee vs SpyBot?

Default McAfee vs SpyBot?

I bought Spybot, it downloaded a file and I installed it. But after I hit "Finish" it just goes to blank web page. The directory just has two files in it, both called license, no other files. It says it will download a file called spybot2.exe though it downloaded a file called spybot2.license.exe

I hope it can fix my issue, I have a program called DNS Unlocker. The web sites that tell you how to get rid of it say to delete from Windows, though it's not listed there, but it's on my screens lower right corner, a green lief icon.

Now I just need to get Spybot intalled.
    Thanks

I'm still waiing to find out why SpyBot would not install. But I know I have issues, 1 is DNS Unlocker.
    The remove info says to delete from Windows uninstaller first, but the files it says to uninstall are not there. I'm hoping Sybit will get rid of it OK.
    Thanks, Greg

Should you use both McAffee and SpyBot together, or is just Spybot alone OK?
    McAfee did not stop me from getting DNS Unlocker and something else.
    Thanks
    Last edited by tashi; 2016-03-07 at 17:26. Reason: Merged three topics

Hello gregw123,

Depends on which version you are using: https://www.safer-networking.org/private/compare/

Rule of thumb is one anti virus program resident to avoid conflicts, loss of program efficiency and system lock up due to both software products attempting to access the same files at the same time. You can use more than one anti-malware spyware software to build a layer of protection.

Did you manage to install Spybot?

Topic in the malware forum: https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...5-DNS-Unlocker

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016