Thread: DNS Unlocker

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default DNS Unlocker

I know I have at least 1 issue, DNS Unlocker.
    I tried to follow the info on the 1st post. I backed un the Registry, but Fabar would not download. Just kept saying "connecting... waiting"

I tred to get the Home SpyBot, but it did not install any files. Waiting to hear about that. Will it get rid of DNS Unlocker, or do I still need to manually uninstall?
    We have 2 infected computers, Laptop and mini laptop.

Pleas let me know my next step. Thank you,

Greg

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

You need to reset your router.

Turn your modem/router off. Let this rest for a couple of minutes.
    Turn it back on and wait for all lights to stop blinking (if yours does this most do but all don't)
    Next, follow the below.

NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and save to desktop and/or print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.

Please open Notepad *Do Not Use Wordpad!* or use any other text editor than Notepad or the script will fail. (Start -> Run -> type notepad in the Open field -> OK) and copy and paste the text present inside the quote box below:
    To do this highlight the contents of the box and right click on it and select copy.

@Echo on
    pushd\windows\system32\drivers\etc
    attrib -h -s -r hosts
    echo 127.0.0.1 localhost>HOSTS
    attrib +r +h +s hosts
    popd
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew
    ipconfig /flushdns
    netsh winsock reset all
    netsh int ip reset all
    shutdown -r -t 1
    del %0

Save as flush.bat to your desktop.
    Right click on the flush.bat file to run it as Administrator. Your computer will reboot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    NEXT

Download TFC by Old Timer http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/TFC-T...r-file187.html and save it to your desktop.
    Save any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser! This will also hide all desktop shortcuts, so just be aware! They will come back after rebooting.
    Windows 7 right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator.
    Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process and let it run uninterrupted to completion.
    Important! Manually reboot the machine to ensure a complete clean.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    NEXT**

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware TO YOUR DESKTOP

• Windows XP : Double click on the icon to run it.
    • Windows Vista, Windows 7 & 8 : Right click and select "Run as Administrator"

• On the Dashboard click on Update Now
    • Go to the Setting Tab
    • Under Setting go to Detection and Protection
    • Under PUP and PUM make sure both are set to show Treat Detections as Malware
    • Go to Advanced setting and make sure Automatically Quarantine Detected Items is checked
    • Then on the Dashboard click on Scan
    • Make sure to select THREAT SCAN
    • Then click on Scan

After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.
    Click on the History tab > Application Logs.
    Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.
    Click 'Copy to Clipboard'
    Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    NEXT**
    Try to download
    Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) Scan
    • Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x32) or Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x64) andsave the file to your Desktop.
    • Note: Download and run the version compatible with your system (32 or 64-bit). Download both if you're unsure; only one will run.
    • Right-Click FRST.exe / FRST64.exe and select Run as administrator to run the programme.
    • Click Yes to the disclaimer.
    • Ensure the Addition.txt box is checked.
    • Click the Scan button and let the programme run.
    • Upon completion, click OK, then OK on the Addition.txt pop up screen.
    • Two logs (FRST.txt & Addition.txt) will now be open on your Desktop. Copy the contents of both logs and paste in your next reply.

Please post
    Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware log
    FRST.txt & Addition.txt
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Default Novice

I'm a novice, I can try this, but are there any programs you can buy that will fix it (DNS Unlcke) for me?
    Will Spybot Home?
    Thanks

I'm not sure if there is.

I do know there is an option to buy the premium edition of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
    Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware TO YOUR DESKTOP
    • Windows XP : Double click on the icon to run it.
    • Windows Vista, Windows 7 & 8 : Right click and select "Run as Administrator"

• On the Dashboard click on Update Now
    • Go to the Setting Tab
    • Under Setting go to Detection and Protection
    • Under PUP and PUM make sure both are set to show Treat Detections as Malware
    • Go to Advanced setting and make sure Automatically Quarantine Detected Items is checked
    • Then on the Dashboard click on Scan
    • Make sure to select THREAT SCAN
    • Then click on Scan

After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.
    Click on the History tab > Application Logs.
    Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.
    Click 'Copy to Clipboard'
    Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    NEXT**

AdwCleaner
    • Please download AdwCleaner and save the file to your Desktop.
    • Right-Click AdwCleaner.exe and select Run as administrator to run the programme.
    • Follow the prompts.
    • Click Scan.
    • Upon completion, click Report. A log (AdwCleaner[SX].txt) will open. Briefly check the log for anything you know to be legitimate.
    • Ensure anything you know to be legitimate does not have a checkmark, and click Clean.
    • Follow the prompts and allow your computer to reboot.
    • After rebooting, a log (AdwCleaner[SX].txt) will open. Copy the contents of the log and paste in your next reply.

-- File and registry key backups are made for anything removed using this tool. Should a legitimate entry be removed (otherwise known as a 'false-positive'), simple steps can be taken to restore the entry. Please do not overly concern yourself with the contents of AdwCleaner[R0].txt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please download Junkware Removal Tool
    or from here http://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/jrt
    to your desktop.
    • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
    • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
    • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
    • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
    • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
    • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.

please post
    Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    AdwCleaner[CX].txt
    JRT.txt
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Default Issues Still

I did it exactly as listed, so far. The green leaf icon DNS Unlocker is gone, but as I try to go to Malwarebytes to download, it keeps showing ads, changing screens, gong to a Windows help download fix page, etc. Soy issue is still there.
    Should I run Sybot Search Destroy? I just bought it but haven't got it installed yet. Thank you so much,
    Greg

Please see what happens when you try these 2 tools.

AdwCleaner
    • Please download AdwCleaner and save the file to your Desktop.
    • Right-Click AdwCleaner.exe and select Run as administrator to run the programme.
    • Follow the prompts.
    • Click Scan.
    • Upon completion, click Report. A log (AdwCleaner[SX].txt) will open. Briefly check the log for anything you know to be legitimate.
    • Ensure anything you know to be legitimate does not have a checkmark, and click Clean.
    • Follow the prompts and allow your computer to reboot.
    • After rebooting, a log (AdwCleaner[SX].txt) will open. Copy the contents of the log and paste in your next reply.

-- File and registry key backups are made for anything removed using this tool. Should a legitimate entry be removed (otherwise known as a 'false-positive'), simple steps can be taken to restore the entry. Please do not overly concern yourself with the contents of AdwCleaner[R0].txt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please download Junkware Removal Tool
    or from here http://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/jrt
    to your desktop.
    • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
    • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
    • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
    • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
    • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
    • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    please post
    AdwCleaner[CX].txt
    JRT.txt