Thread: How can I remove emails that are from Virtumundo

Default How can I remove emails that are from Virtumundo

Hi everyone,
    I just signed up with SPYBOT and I'm hoping that someone here can help me. I keep on receiving many emails each day (different subject lines) from Virtumundo. What is there that I can do to remove these emails. I use google chrome and also have Norton Security Suite. I appreciate any ideas or suggestions that will help my situation.

Thanks for reading my post and have a really good day.

Barry

Emeritus

Hi,

The amount of spam mail you get is related to how your e-mail address has been exposed over time. With a legit company you might have the option to unsubscribe to the mailings. I dont know if virtumundo would honor that request or not. It may just prove they have a real live e-mail address. You may be able to set up a spam filter in your E-mail client also so the e-mails would go there automatically.
    Why dont you post a FRST log so we can make sure everything looks good as far as malware goes:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) and save it to your desktop:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/down...ery-scan-tool/

Note:
    You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

(A simple way to check your system: Start --> Computer (right click) --> Properties
    How to determine whether a computer is running a 32-bit version or 64-bit version of the Windows operating system

Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
    Please make sure All Users is checked

Do not check

*List BCD
    *Drivers MD5
    *Shortcut txt
    Or your logs will be too long to post.

Press Scan button.

It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
    Please don't run the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST.txt) from your "Downloads" folder or from "Temporary Internet Files"
    Please copy and paste log into your topic.
    The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please attach that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.
    How Can I Reduce My Risk?

Security Expert-Emeritus Dakeyras's Avatar

Due to lack of feedback this topic is now closed...
    Mammuthus Hibernian Scouserus, member of ASAP and UNITE.