Thread: Windows 10

Default Windows 10

I upgraded to windows 10. I really like spybot s&d and would like to use it to scan for malware. I don't want it to turnoff windows defender. How could i configure it for a additional scanner?

This is an issue with Windows Defender. Windows disables this program if it detects another antivirus program on your PC.

You can avoid this issue with Spybot by following the instructions below.

Please go to:
    Start Center > Settings (tick "Advanced User Mode" if you do not see "Settings") > System Services

Here, click "Stop" beside "Security Center Service". Untick "Active after every reboot" for this service.

Click "Apply" and "OK", and reboot your PC.

When it restarts, you should be able to run Defender with Spybot.

This seems to answer why SD hasn't been starting when booting up 10. While I was getting the icon in the task tray, apparently the service was still not started. Seems like a MS problem (surprise, surprise).

I am curious about Spybot protecting the new Windows Edge browser. I see in my System Scan results where Internet Explorer appears, but no Edge. Is Spybot also protecting the Windows 10 Edge browser?

Quote Originally Posted by BEAR221 View Post
    I upgraded to windows 10.
    and you get my compassionateness
    I'f MS will me force sometimes in future to upgrade from Win7 to Win10, I'll switch to Linux.