Thread: Spybot hangs up on Zlob.ZipCodec

Default Spybot hangs up on Zlob.ZipCodec

I have read and tried the instructions in Manual Removal Guide for Zlob.ZipCodec . I cannot find zlob in any form on my computer, but Spybot always hangs up when it tries to scan this and it will not go past this point. I cannot finish a scan and I am getting very frustrated. I cannot find a solution to this. Please help.

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

Let's run a couple quick scans to see if anything is malware related.

AdwCleaner
    • Please download AdwCleaner and save the file to your Desktop.
    • Right-Click AdwCleaner.exe and select Run as administrator to run the programme.
    • Follow the prompts.
    • Click Scan.
    • Upon completion, click Report. A log (AdwCleaner[SX].txt) will open. Briefly check the log for anything you know to be legitimate.
    • Ensure anything you know to be legitimate does not have a checkmark, and click Clean.
    • Follow the prompts and allow your computer to reboot.
    • After rebooting, a log (AdwCleaner[SX].txt) will open. Copy the contents of the log and paste in your next reply.

-- File and registry key backups are made for anything removed using this tool. Should a legitimate entry be removed (otherwise known as a 'false-positive'), simple steps can be taken to restore the entry. Please do not overly concern yourself with the contents of AdwCleaner[R0].txt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please download Junkware Removal Tool
    or from here http://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/jrt
    to your desktop.
    • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
    • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
    • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
    • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
    • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
    • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.

~~~~
    please post
    AdwCleaner[CX].txt
    JRT.txt
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.