Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: first system scan scan hangs on Zlob.ZipCodec

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

That's the only thing that came up and as for performance, its working without a glitch now. There were times when my ping would skyrocket and make things miserable. Seems free and clear now.
    Good deal

Please open Notepad *Do Not Use Wordpad!* or use any other text editor than Notepad or the script will fail. (Start -> Run -> type notepad in the Open field -> OK) and copy and paste the text present inside the quote box below:
    To do this highlight the contents of the box and right click on it and select copy.
    Paste this into the open notepad. save it to the Desktop as fixlist.txt
    NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST/FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.
    It needs to be saved Next to the "Farbar Recovery Scan Tool" (If asked to overwrite existing one please allow)

start
    CreateRestorePoint:
    CloseProcesses:
    C:\Users\Shawn\AppData\Local\Temp\HYD1844.tmp.1458563155\HTA\install.1458563155.zip
    EmptyTemp:
    End
    Open FRST/FRST64 and press the > Fix < button just once and wait.
    If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
    When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please post it to your reply.
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

This may sound corny but you say save it next to. That meaning in the same file or both independent and on the desktop or drag and drop the fixlist.txt file into FRST/FRST64?
    Also, for some reason my hard drive is constantly running. Opened up task manager and noticed that under processes and at the top of the disk column its running at 100% most of the time. This is concerning as to reducing the life and integrity of the HD.

Just dawned on to take a look at drive space and to my surprise, more like astonishment, my entire drive is full. 8G left on a 775G HD.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliet View Post
    Good deal

Please open Notepad *Do Not Use Wordpad!* or use any other text editor than Notepad or the script will fail. (Start -> Run -> type notepad in the Open field -> OK) and copy and paste the text present inside the quote box below:
    To do this highlight the contents of the box and right click on it and select copy.
    Paste this into the open notepad. save it to the Desktop as fixlist.txt
    NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST/FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.
    It needs to be saved Next to the "Farbar Recovery Scan Tool" (If asked to overwrite existing one please allow)

start
    CreateRestorePoint:
    CloseProcesses:
    C:\Users\Shawn\AppData\Local\Temp\HYD1844.tmp.1458563155\HTA\install.1458563155.zip
    EmptyTemp:
    End

Open FRST/FRST64 and press the > Fix < button just once and wait.
    If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
    When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please post it to your reply.
    I edited the post, does that help?

Also, when you open task manager, what process does it show using the most CPU?, and if your hard drive is full can you place some items to an external backup to free up space?
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Will do. Another thing I have noticed is when opening an online PDF document IE stops working and the frequents clears. I have noticed that I don't even have to open an online PDF doc to clear frequents. Something that tells me something is still there.

Fix result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x64) Version:05-03-2016 01
    Ran by Shawn (2016-04-17 19:23:19) Run:2
    Running from C:\Users\Shawn\Desktop
    Loaded Profiles: Shawn (Available Profiles: Shawn & Laura & DefaultAppPool)
    Boot Mode: Normal
    ==============================================

fixlist content:
    start
    CreateRestorePoint:
    CloseProcesses:
    EmptyTemp:
    End

Restore point was successfully created.
    Processes closed successfully.
    C:\Users\Shawn\AppData\Local\Temp\HYD1844.tmp.1458563155\HTA\install.1458563155.zip => moved successfully
    EmptyTemp: => 428.9 MB temporary data Removed.

The system needed a reboot.

==== End of Fixlog 19:23:42 ====

Also, I found the reason for so much space taken up. pagefile was set to a very high amount of space. Resized and its good.
    Uninstalled Adobe and will clean up and reinstall.

Computer better now?

It was running better. Not nearly as much lag and dropping connection. Thank you. Although I had found some suspicious activity and was trying to locate its origin so I looked in the device manager and noticed a razer device and located it in the registry in a very strange spot. Tried uninstalling it but it isn't on the uninstall list nor is it in the file system. Only in the registry. So, I installed razer synapse as I did some research into what it was and then uninstalled it. Upon reboot I get the BSOD with a big frown face saying your PC ran into a problem........BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO
    So, I tried a restore and that didn't help. Looks like it's time to buy a solid state drive and reinstall Windows and everything else. Thanks for your help though.

Ended up resetting and keeping files worked but unfortunately all apps and programs have been deleted. No worries though. At least the files are still there. Time to rebuild now.

Yikes!

Not much I can do here but to wish you good luck....