Thread: Fix Selected

Default Fix Selected

So I run a file scan, and after the scan is finished, a list pops up with check marks next to it, i hit fix selected, the check marks are gone, so I run a file scan about a day later, and the same list pops up with the same results, i hit fix selected again, and a day later they're back again. I was under the impression that once they're fixed, that they're gone, deleted, not going to pop up again, etc...but apparently I was wrong? is there a way to permanently fix these results? A way to permanently and safely delete them? So when I search again they don't pop up with the same results again?

After the scan, look and see what category the found things are in. It's possible some or all of those might be usage tracks. Those usually return. You may have to click on Show scan results, and then this is a good picture to look at to see where category should be:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/wp-.../11/SDScan.png
    (Browser category should be a tracks type thing, too.)

This is about usage tracks,they shouldn't be a worry:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/faq/usage-tracks/

Please post back and let me know if they aren't all usage tracks.

So I ran a scan, and they are all under the tracks/browser categories, now, whether or not they should be an issue or a problem, I was under the impression that "FIX SELECTED" means they're deleted and gone and "fixed", my mistake I guess, but my question is, whether they're an issue or not, how do I get them deleted and gone and "fixed" is my question

Like I think a couple of the results are from a driver extension download thing that I downloaded, and since they've been showing up in my results now I want to get rid of them and uninstall the drivers and everything, they point to something in the registry folder and when I go to delete them it says something along the lines of "if you do this your computer may never work again, and go back into the past and erase any memory of your computer ever working in the first place" and blah blah blah...or is there perhaps another program that can completely totally "fix" these things?

Spybot will fix the usage tracks, and things in the browser category. However, as you use your computer, those things will return again. You wouldn't want to go delete them permanently.
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/glossary/usage-tracks/
    Usage tracks are the history of websites you visited, pages you opened, documents you opened, programs you run, etc., that is stored on your computer.
    Take cache, for an example:
    http://techterms.com/definition/cache
    We'll use browser cache for example. After a Spybot scan, Spybot would likely find the browser cache, and then fix it. However when you use your browser again, there will be files(etc.) stored in the browser cache again. Spybot would then find browser cache after a scan again, and then fix it again.

Like I think a couple of the results are from a driver extension download thing that I downloaded, and since they've been showing up in my results now I want to get rid of them and uninstall the drivers and everything, they point to something in the registry folder and when I go to delete them it says something along the lines of "if you do this your computer may never work again, and go back into the past and erase any memory of your computer ever working in the first place" and blah blah blah...or is there perhaps another program that can completely totally "fix" these things?
    Could you post a logfile, so I can see what the driver extension download thing might be? You can open Spybot start center,click Report Creator,then click Show Logs over to the right.the dates are appended to the end of the checks.logfile, so you can post a recent one. Doubleclick a checks.logfile from a recent date(like a day or so ago.), then when the logfile opens go to Edit,then Select All,then rightclick somewhere in the window,click copy,then paste it here,please.