Thread: Spybot tries to take over my computer

Angry Spybot tries to take over my computer

I un-installed Spybot Search & Destroy because it was interfering with my anti virus program. This is horrendous behaviour by such a popular program and i can only imagine it is done because they can take advantage of their market position, and furthermore it is also rude to the extreme.
    When I had rebooted my computer a pop-up box appeared wanting me to re-install the very program I had just removed. What the actual fuck are you guys trying to do?
    You even phrase the text dialogue in such a way that it looks like Windows 10 removed the program by mistake. Not only did I remove the program deliberately, I also expect that no trace of it should remain on my computer after having done so, so to discover that you left a snippet of code behind makes me angry. It is the very definition of ad-ware and spy-ware that you yourself say you want to help battle!

Spybot ss.jpg

To fix this issue, please delete the file "Post Windows 10 Spybot-install" from your Desktop.

Please also delete the folder:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\AV\Spybot - Search and Destroy

These were included in our updates for users upgrading to Windows 10.

During the upgrade process, Spybot is likely to be uninstalled. It can be reinstalled by running this file, which will survive the upgrade process.

If you do not plan to upgrade to Windows 10, these can be deleted. If you need to, you can get this file back by reinstalling Spybot.

You can also uninstall Spybot completely before the upgrade and reinstall it after.