Thread: Changes To Settings Do Not Stick ver 2.4.40

Default Changes To Settings Do Not Stick ver 2.4.40

When prompted to "disable" admin tracking cookies, etc. I get the same prompt each time I start up the scanner. However when I select the option to ignore one or more of the scan results in the future those settings are remembered and I don't have to continually make those changes.

A cosmetic frustration is the inability of the scan or the update windows to behave according to the properties box startup window selection of "maximized". When I decided to try to correct the program's behavior I created shortcuts for both of these modules. When I use the program's installation provided Start Center shortcut and then click on either the "update" or "scan" icon I never get a full screen maximized window. I get a small square and have to resize the windows in order to actually see what is being done or displayed.

I just finished reinstalling after uninstalling last night, rebooting this morning after my processing was done.

What gives?

dgpile01

Are you running Spybot as an administrator?

You can do this by right-clicking the Spybot icon and choosing the option to "run as administrator". This must be done to give Spybot the permissions it needs to function correctly.

Please see here for instructions if you are experiencing any issues downloading updates:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/faq...update-failed/

If this does not solve your issue, please let us know and we will search for an alternate solution.

Default re: Changes To Settings Do Not Stick ver 2.4.40

I am running both ways and it makes no difference. The application is updating and downloading fine. The issue is unrelated to scanning or updating.

Whether I right click and run as or run by the normal left click the behavior is the same.

The only method I have not launched Spybot 2.4 is by actually logging in as the administrator.

dgpile01

Quote Originally Posted by niall2 View Post
    Are you running Spybot as an administrator?

You can do this by right-clicking the Spybot icon and choosing the option to "run as administrator". This must be done to give Spybot the permissions it needs to function correctly.

Please see here for instructions if you are experiencing any issues downloading updates:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/faq...update-failed/

If this does not solve your issue, please let us know and we will search for an alternate solution.

Default re: Changes To Settings Do Not Stick ver 2.4.40

After reinstall I have found the Update module will open full screen, maximized but starting the Scan module with a shortcut set to run with window maximized fails to recognize this setting. I have tried to use the shortcut due to the failure of the Startup Center/Welcome screen to successfully start the Scan display maximized.

Whether I run as admin or not the results are the same for the Scan module making it necessary to manually resize the display. Trying to follow the scan's progress or read displayed messages when the application opens as a 3 or 4 inch box is futile. Why can't Spybot S&D behave like other competing products? How long have programmers been at making little boxes display as big boxes in the Microsoft world?
    Attached Images Attached Images