Thread: SpyBot suddenly will not do system scan

Question SpyBot suddenly will not do system scan

I have spybot home edition 2.4.40.0. After updating yesterday, I tried to do a system scan today and discovered that the software will not let me do one. I rechecked for updates and had them installed, but no dice. I tried to invoke a system scan from the start center and by calling the system scan directly, but no luck. The menu items in the system scan component are inactive. If I click on the button in the last scan section, the program crashes with a memory exception. If I try to close the program, I get a memory exception. I'm running Windows xp professional (yeh I know its old, but it works) with all updates. Should I consider uninstalling the spybot and reinstalling it?

Hi , what OS do you have ?

I has this issue too on 2 machines running XP SP3 after Wednesday update
    (i think it is a confusion with 2.6 version scan that is not supported in XP)

An other issue is that the immunization is working, but doesn't display in the window after this update

I resolved this yesterday night by reinstalling Spybot 2.4 over my previous version and the scan is working again

Default "System Scan" Disabled

Same here,
    After recent update I went to scan system and the "System Scan" icon is inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by patclash View Post
    Hi , what OS do you have ?

I has this issue too on 2 machines running XP SP3 after Wednesday update
    (i think it is a confusion with 2.6 version scan that is not supported in XP)

An other issue is that the immunization is working, but doesn't display in the window after this update

I resolved this yesterday night by reinstalling Spybot 2.4 over my previous version and the scan is working again

Running xp professional sp3. Looks like I'll have to reinstall. Thanks.

Dave

Hi, we are sorry for the inconvenience. We realized there was something wrong. This update was not intended to be installed on XP machines. Reinstallation of 2.4 will solve this issue. The update was taken from our servers.
    (m/f)

Quote Originally Posted by (m/f) View Post
    Hi, we are sorry for the inconvenience. We realized there was something wrong. This update was not intended to be installed on XP machines. Reinstallation of 2.4 will solve this issue. The update was taken from our servers.
    Is this solved for the next update ?
    Last edited by patclash; 2016-04-27 at 09:48.

Quote Originally Posted by patclash View Post
    Is this solved for the next update ?
    Well, it is not part of the updates any more, so you can safely insstall the next updates after reinstalling 2.4.
    (m/f)

Well, it is not part of the updates any more, so you can safely insstall the next updates after reinstalling 2.4.
    I just update and all is well now

Default Problem Scanning today

I am also having problems with the Scan function. Nothing happens when I press the scan button. Also Immunization not working as usual. If the problem is solved by reinstalling Spybot 2.4 (Free version), can you give me a link where I can re-install it? The Spybot download website here: https://www.safer-networking.org/mirrors24/ lists too many options for downloading links and I have no idea which one to download.
    Last edited by jodanna69; 2016-04-27 at 20:25.

Hello jodanna69,

Any mirror should be fine but if you can't decide there is the Ad-free download at Safer-Networking Ltd on that page.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016