Thread: Spybot Never Finishes A Search

Default Spybot Never Finishes A Search

I am running Win 10 and Spybot 1.6.2.46. It starts a search just fine but gets to "Running Bot-Check (860593/841890 Please Wait Scanning Download Directories). I have updated to the latest. Help is appreciated.

It's hard to believe no one else has had this problem. Doesn't someone from the Spybot development team have an idea?

I think I got it fixed. I installed the Post Win10 Spybot Version 2.5.42.130 and it completed a full scan.

Default Never finishes a search

I am having the same problem I have even downloaded the new edition for win 10 . It will not finish a search and I just finnaly close the program. spybot is not working any longer. What casn I do I have not done a search in 23 days now

If Spybot appears to stall on "Zlob.ZipCodec" at the end of a System Scan, please download and run this small installer:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/fil...efreezefix.exe

This installer replaces a file that was identified to cause the issue.

Please run this installer and let us know if this solves the issue and if it is successful for you, too.

If this does not work, please explain the issue you are having in more detail.

This will help us to better understand and hopefully reproduce the problem you are having.

Do you get any error message?

Or what happens exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by niall2 View Post
    If Spybot appears to stall on "Zlob.ZipCodec" at the end of a System Scan, please download and run this small installer:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/fil...efreezefix.exe

This installer replaces a file that was identified to cause the issue.

Please run this installer and let us know if this solves the issue and if it is successful for you, too.

If this does not work, please explain the issue you are having in more detail.

This will help us to better understand and hopefully reproduce the problem you are having.

Do you get any error message?

Or what happens exactly?
    Thank you for this information, niall2. I was at my wit's end about this. I discovered on the website that the updates should have upgraded me to Scanner 2.6, which would have automatically solved my problem, but somehow this upgrade did not happen on my pc. It was only *after* using this fix that not only did the Zlob Zipcodec freeze disappear, but my Spybot was also automatically upgraded to Scanner 2.6.

One small point of criticism. It would be a good idea, in my opinion, if this fix were mentioned on your main page, instead of being hidden deep inside this forum. I spent hours trying to solve the problem myself, uninstalled and installed Spybot several times, all to no avail.

But thanks again, my Spybot works again like it always used to. :-)

Wim van Dam